Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=529)
-   -   My teeth are remineralizing. (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=325733)

simplegirl 06-24-2010 05:01 PM

Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

Rabbit, is there a reason you didn't floss everyday? I'm an everyday flosser out of habit and I don't feel completely clean without flossing at night.

Rabbit 06-24-2010 07:17 PM

Because it hurts my gums, turns up nothing, and my teeth feel clean without it. I do it when my teeth stop feeling sparkly.

I really think you have to listen to your own mouth about timing. Your saliva and bacteria mix and enamel strength are all your own, and they change day to day.

graciousmomma 04-29-2011 01:01 PM

I'm putting in an order to vitacost.com for some of the products listed in this thread. Thanks for all the input you all have contributed! I'm going to see if some of this will help my teeth :)

littlefirewise 10-11-2011 08:02 PM

I used to use the Calendula toothpaste by Weleda and for some reason stopped- I will have to go and get some again....Xylitol is great but in individuals with sensitive bowels it can cause diarrhea (it does with me)....

Stiina 05-09-2013 11:52 AM

Great thread. I know it's ancient but for some reason I found it today.

In all my tooth healing research, I had never come across this brand of toothpaste. It makes sense that the calcium would make a difference. We eat a ton of bone broth and eat a la Weston A Price so this will be a good fit for us.

We were heavy xylitol users for about a year until I noticed it made all of our teeth yellow :jawdrop we backed off of it substantially. Sure is a good thing I bought an entire kilogram of gum :doh

I was using baking soda for the kids but after reading here about gum recession I will switch to weleda! I hope this is it for us. Our teeth are all quite nice and I'm the only one with a dark spot...cavity? thing. It has stayed about the same for 3 years do I'm obviously doing something right, but it would be cool if it went away completely. :rockon

Rabbit 05-09-2013 02:45 PM

Dark spots can just be stains.

rosesnsnails 05-09-2013 03:21 PM

I had a couple of spots that I thought were the beginnings of a cavity, but the dental hygienist said they were just stains, and she was able to get rid of them during a cleaning. :whew

Stiina 05-09-2013 05:02 PM

So then does this toothpaste help with stains? I'd been using xylitol for a year with no change except yellower teeth.

Nobody else has found that?

rosesnsnails 05-09-2013 06:00 PM

I don't know about the yellowing, but the only thing that got rid of my stain was getting a cleaning.

(BTW, I was the one that asked if you would be at the farmers market on FB. :) :wave :giggle )

Stiina 05-09-2013 06:03 PM

:hi :heart

My stain is in between two teeth that have a gap between them. I never used to floss and food was always stuck between. When I started flossing I thought there was something wrong because I could feel the gap. :sick :giggle So I think it's a cavity.

Dovenoir 05-10-2013 10:44 AM

I'm not the crunchiest in the bunch, but I will swish with hydrogen peroxide when I feel like I'm getting yellower. Over time it helps.

I don't feel comfortable with the longer exposure peroxide gels, because they can cause damage- but a quick rinse is a different process IMO.

SweetMelissa 05-10-2013 11:03 AM

Thanks for sharing! I need to work on some of this. My teeth are having issues, as are both ds's. Just paid $170 for a two fillings for ds2 yesterday. :doh It's really frustrating, because we have relatively healthy diets and decent hygiene, but the boys both started having cavities pretty early. :(

Stiina 05-10-2013 07:01 PM

I got the weleda children tooth gel. There is no calcium on the label :scratch I think rabbit posted an ingredient list earlier. I'm going to go back and check if it's the same.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 2598401)

The ingredient list on Weleda has been updated. It used to just list kaolin clay, which is magnesium aluminum silicate. According to their website, the aluminum is not in an absorbable form. Spit, don't swallow.

Here's the children's list:
Glycerin, Water (Aqua), Silica, Algin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Esculin, Limonene*.

Ok, there's no calcium in that list either. :scratch

Rabbit 05-10-2013 08:20 PM

Weleda calendula for adults is the one I use, that has calcium. On my toddlers, I use the children's.

Luciola 05-10-2013 08:29 PM

:cup