Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Household notebooks (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=336577)

CakeLady 01-05-2010 01:20 PM

Re: Household notebooks

:popcorn

TrinMama 01-05-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codi (Post 2806645)
Right now, I am using this link http://delightinreallife.com/pages/printables.htm and going through and typing up my own pages. I'd much rather have the info typed and printed than hand written in.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Ok actually, only the first 2 pages were things I want to use in my book. :giggle So off to find other ideas.

So far, the pages I've actually used from a website have been very few. I'm mostly drawing inspiration from all the sites listed here, and making it my own. Actually, I'm not using many typed pages at all. What I really need to do is sit for an hour and do a Google calendar, then print that.

LadybugSam 01-05-2010 02:00 PM

I'm going through all my computer bookmarks as i re-make my Homemaking Journal and found this: Daily Cleaning Checklist :tu

http://www.realsimple.com/home-organ...0000000000953/

Codi 01-05-2010 02:34 PM

That is a good daily check list. Thanks! :thumbsup

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

I searched old GCM threads and found this one helpful: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...keeping+binder

marigold 01-05-2010 03:19 PM

:cup

TrinMama 01-05-2010 06:51 PM

ooooh...these are so pretty! I think I am going to use at least the meal planner page from here.

http://brocantehome.typepad.com/broc...-planner-.html

Codi 01-05-2010 08:57 PM

So I was inspired by the framed daily to do list here: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/...ning-days.html

So tonight I ran to walmart to see what kind of binders they had (I was looking for something like Gina's but they did not have anything I liked) and found something that I think will work better for me. I got 2 plastic, magnetic 8.5x11 document frames to hang on my fridge. The paper just slides easily in and out, and I will use dry erase markers and wipe them off each morning. My "to-do's" for each day will basically be the same, so I will not have to replace the sheet like she does daily. I am still contemplating spending the $8 and doing the motivated moms thing, we will see.

Anyways, I will also have one for homeschool to do's. :thumbsup

Forsynthianicki 01-05-2010 09:10 PM

That's a great idea to frame your daily lists on the fridge Codi. Those were always the pages I used the most and to keep them in such a prominent place is smart.

Getting my stuff out to work on while I watch biggest loser.

LadybugSam 01-05-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codi (Post 2807865)
I am still contemplating spending the $8 and doing the motivated moms thing, we will see.

I really liked the motivated moms thing until my printer died and i was unable to print out any more sheets :(

Codi 01-05-2010 11:25 PM

What a bummer!

The only think keeping me from doing it so far is the daily things you check off on the side of the weekly planner. I don't want to use some, and want some different ones, but it would bother me to no end not marking the ones I dont want to use off each day and having to hand write in the ones i want to add. :shifty A little OCD maybe. :giggle

IslandMama 01-06-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrinMama (Post 2806741)
So far, the pages I've actually used from a website have been very few. I'm mostly drawing inspiration from all the sites listed here, and making it my own. Actually, I'm not using many typed pages at all.

:yes I'm working on a Home Maintenance Binder now... So far I've decided on what sections to include, and am making pretty dividers. I've organized the finance section first, which includes a budget, monthly spending tracker, and bill payment record. I'm going to work on the other sections slowly... I'm also including schooling info in the binder.

I still have a small calendar that I can bring with me everywhere, and will transfer family events into the binder calendar...

And I'm using a visual journal to do my quiet times in, write to-do lists, jot notes, copywork for memorizing scripture, or whatever. I'm using old magazines and a few books I found at the thrift shop for about a dollar to decorate it... I'll load pics maybe tomorrow...

TrinMama 01-06-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandMama (Post 2808144)
:yes I'm working on a Home Maintenance Binder now... So far I've decided on what sections to include, and am making pretty dividers. I've organized the finance section first, which includes a budget, monthly spending tracker, and bill payment record. I'm going to work on the other sections slowly... I'm also including schooling info in the binder.

I still have a small calendar that I can bring with me everywhere, and will transfer family events into the binder calendar...

And I'm using a visual journal to do my quiet times in, write to-do lists, jot notes, copywork for memorizing scripture, or whatever. I'm using old magazines and a few books I found at the thrift shop for about a dollar to decorate it... I'll load pics maybe tomorrow...

I'd love to see pics!!

And Codi, I love the idea of the daily list on the fridge like that! If only I was brave enough to go into Wally-World...with 4 kids...maybe I'll have to go on Saturday when I do food shopping. :think That frame you describe seems worth a trip in there for me.

KatieMae 01-06-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codi (Post 2808082)
What a bummer!

The only think keeping me from doing it so far is the daily things you check off on the side of the weekly planner. I don't want to use some, and want some different ones, but it would bother me to no end not marking the ones I dont want to use off each day and having to hand write in the ones i want to add. :shifty A little OCD maybe. :giggle

:lol That's exactly why I made my own forms. I was so sick of crossing out the pet & plant care (the only living things in my home are related to me ;) ) & writing in other things that needed to be done.

monkeylicious 01-06-2010 07:09 AM

can't wait to come back to this and put mine together after we are moved and mostly straight :shifty

Barefoot Bookworm 01-06-2010 09:03 AM

I spent too much time designing pages last night for ours. :giggle I'm really getting into this! I have a list of things I want to add to it but I didn't have enough time last night.