Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Not having anything to post (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=527700)

Aerynne 10-16-2019 05:46 PM

Re: Not having anything to post

I keep wondering if maybe there is some kind of interesting challenge or longer term conversation we could start to get people to post more.

Also I wonder if part of it is more people are on their phones now. We clearly all used to access gym on our computers before smart phones, and computers are much easier to type on. So maybe people feel it’s not worth the effort unless they really have something important to say.

Hermana Linda 10-16-2019 06:01 PM

Good point. Although, the phone is handier.

That Uno game we used to play was fun. :think it needs a higher forum, though.

The holidays are coming up. :think

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Virginia 10-17-2019 04:27 AM

Same :hugheart

Or topics I want to talk about are potentially too controversial and I don't want to step on toes :shifty

I really appreciate all the different moms we have here from all walks of life.

BestLaidPlans 10-17-2019 05:34 AM

I don’t have much to post, either. I do still have a few small kids, but I don’t have questions like I did when my first kids were little. I’m heavy into parenting special needs teens, with more than half of my kids being teens, and all but one of the teens is special needs. My days are heavy, and people just don’t seem to know what to say if I post about it. So I prefer to reply to posts others make. Periodically, I’ve started the “go, me!” threads or thankfulness threads because everyone can say something there. But I do read a lot, I pray for needs you ladies have, and I enjoy my time here.

Wonder Woman 10-17-2019 08:20 AM

My life has definitely gone in a vastly different direction than when I first came here ;-) and so no, I usually don't post either.

I do sometimes pop in and read, because GCM was such a core part of my life for such a long time.

Hermana Linda 10-17-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonder Woman (Post 6194374)
My life has definitely gone in a vastly different direction than when I first came here ;-) and so no, I usually don't post either.

I do sometimes pop in and read, because GCM was such a core part of my life for such a long time.

It's great to see you here. [emoji813]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

knitlove 10-17-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonder Woman (Post 6194374)

I love seeing you everytime you pop in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Tickle Momster 10-17-2019 09:47 AM

I'm the same with several of you - older kids, thinking through the post in my head & deciding not to post :shifty, and being on my phone. Short replies are done there. Longer ones, I come to the desktop for.

I love this community for so many reasons. I've learned so much just reading other people's threads. :heart

easygoinmomma 10-17-2019 01:32 PM

:hug2 You are not alone.

Soliloquy 10-18-2019 10:38 PM

Having been a parent for longer is a big part of it for me. Even though I have a 3 yo I don't have any questions about parenting her. So far she hasn't pulled out any tricks I haven't seen 4 times already. I remember posting in the breastfeeding and toddler forum a ton back when I had a gaggle of Littles. Sometimes I wonder how I survived having 4 kids in just under 6 years, 2 with major sensory and spectrum issues And I realize that GCM is a huge part of how I survived those years.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I remember the very first time I saw a phone icon next to post, indicating someone had posted from their phone!!! I thought that person must have a very expensive phone and phone plan! This was long before phones had WiFi. Wow, the changes we've seen! It was so computer back then. When the first affordable phones had browsers, it was so clumsy and slow it wasn't worth it. I remember how much I loved my blackberry. I was really fast with that little keyboard. It had buttons for the keys. :lol

Also, there was no Facebook or other social media back then. It was message boards or nothing. Blogs weren't even a thing, yet.

Littledisciples 10-21-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6194509)
Having been a parent for longer is a big part of it for me. Even though I have a 3 yo I don't have any questions about parenting her. So far she hasn't pulled out any tricks I haven't seen 4 times already. I remember posting in the breastfeeding and toddler forum a ton back when I had a gaggle of Littles. Sometimes I wonder how I survived having 4 kids in just under 6 years, 2 with major sensory and spectrum issues And I realize that GCM is a huge part of how I survived those years.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I remember the very first time I saw a phone icon next to post, indicating someone had posted from their phone!!! I thought that person must have a very expensive phone and phone plan! This was long before phones had WiFi. Wow, the changes we've seen! It was so computer back then. When the first affordable phones had browsers, it was so clumsy and slow it wasn't worth it. I remember how much I loved my blackberry. I was really fast with that little keyboard. It had buttons for the keys. :lol

Also, there was no Facebook or other social media back then. It was message boards or nothing. Blogs weren't even a thing, yet.

Yes exactly I used to get on here with my computer. I don’t like to post on my phone as much because it is so much harder to type long conversations. I like the fact that my iPad has a keyboard cover so typing on here is easier. I actually use my iPad now to post for the most part.

Hermana Linda 10-23-2019 04:07 PM

Putting Admin Hat On

Just for the record, some posts were removed per poster request.