Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   SO what is for dinner? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=441612)

Macky 02-28-2012 11:25 AM

Re: SO what is for dinner?

DH is taking the girls to the city when they get home from school. I'm staying home to tend to sick critters and get some work done in the lovely silence. :melting

He'll probably treat them to A&W (Erin loves their onion rings) on the go. ETA: We don't eat fast food often, so when we do, it's with no guilt whatsoever. :)

I'm likely finding some sort of single-serving leftover in the freezer, long forgotten because no one liked it at the time but me. I think there's a yummy mushroom soup in there somewhere I should find. A salad would be nice, but I'm out of lettuce. I'll probably have a bit of cheddar and a chopped-up tomato on the side and maybe some plums I canned in the fall (no one else likes them because they taste somewhat like prunes, only not dried... phooey to them).

bliss 02-28-2012 11:53 AM

Pizza Noodle: cook enough pasta (elbows, ziti, penne, or rotini work well) to fill your 9x13 pan. Drain, mix in 1 big can spaghetti sauce, 1 can olives, chopped, and if you eat meat a couple handfuls pepperoni, chopped. If you're veg and made of money, there's meatless pepperoni but it's SPENDY :giggle. Top with a GENEROUS coating of shredded mozzerella and bake until melty. Good with green beans, bread, and salad :yes.

Lady TS 02-28-2012 12:46 PM

I'm thinking tonite I will be getting leftover chicken noodle soup for myself from last week.
The family is probably getting the gluten-tainted leftover pork roast from last week, either shredded up and mixed with bbq sauce and heated and on tortillas, or in stir-fry and over rice...have to figure out what veggies I have around to decide which it's gonna be. :think

LilacPhoenix 02-28-2012 01:03 PM

Lunch was... None of the above:giggle We had leftover Mexican;) Supper will be the leftovers I mentioned earlier.

Sparrow 02-28-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inesperada (Post 4491506)
Sweet Potato &Black Bean burritos. :yum

My weird family hates black beans. Phooey

inesperada 02-28-2012 01:14 PM

Well, the original recipe calls for kidney beans, and I've seen some people comment that they tried it with pinto beans.

3boysforme 02-28-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky (Post 4491692)
DH is taking the girls to the city when they get home from school. I'm staying home to tend to sick critters and get some work done in the lovely silence. :melting

He'll probably treat them to A&W (Erin loves their onion rings) on the go. ETA: We don't eat fast food often, so when we do, it's with no guilt whatsoever. :)

I'm likely finding some sort of single-serving leftover in the freezer, long forgotten because no one liked it at the time but me. I think there's a yummy mushroom soup in there somewhere I should find. A salad would be nice, but I'm out of lettuce. I'll probably have a bit of cheddar and a chopped-up tomato on the side and maybe some plums I canned in the fall (no one else likes them because they taste somewhat like prunes, only not dried... phooey to them).

I miss A&W! By far one of my most favorite places to eat when I was a kid.

Tonight we are having a chicken that has been stuffed with onion, cilantro, and a jalepeno pepper. It has been in the crockpot all day :yum

For sides we will finish up that spanish rice and the greens.

blondie 02-28-2012 02:31 PM

No supper in sight around here. :bag

I have a mondo headache/toothache plus I'm grumpy. The couch and TV are our friends today!

cbmk4 02-28-2012 02:55 PM

Yeah, tonight it's leftovers, so I hope Idon't hear grumbling about it.

NeshamaMama 02-28-2012 03:16 PM

Tonight we're having lemon caper chicken. :yum I wisely took out 2 extra chicken breasts since the last couple times I made this we've wanted to keep eating and eating and eating. :giggle

Wishing Well 02-28-2012 03:20 PM

Tonight we're having vegetable fried rice. I fry up some onions, add in the brown rice, then the water; fluff the rice, let it cool. Then stir-fry mixed veggies, the rice, and a little teriyaki sauce.

LadybugSam 02-28-2012 03:40 PM

Jambalaya (from a box :bag with like 2 cups of chopped veggies in it and smoked sausage)

and sweet tea if i get around to making it today :shifty

Macky 02-28-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilik (Post 4492167)
Tonight we're having lemon caper chicken. :yum I wisely took out 2 extra chicken breasts since the last couple times I made this we've wanted to keep eating and eating and eating. :giggle

Awwww man... I haven't made anything with capers for a loooong time. Recipe?

staceylayne 02-28-2012 04:57 PM

Chicken pesto pasta with tomatoes and olives (for those that will eat them). Maybe a salad on the side. But I kind of enjoy the idea of only dirtying one bowl per person. :think Maybe no salad. :shifty

ronioli 02-28-2012 05:05 PM

Garbanzo bean curry (channa) with naan or basmati rice (the beans have been soaking since last night, I just need to pressure cook them when we get home from dd's track practice)

Cucumber and tomato salad

Blackberries for dessert