Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   March Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=522204)

Beth1231 03-04-2017 06:54 PM

Re: March Dinners

Steak,broccoli and cauliflower and red and yellow peppers all cooked on high heat in sesame oil, a little at a time (no wok here).
Served over rice with soy sauce :tu :yum

2sunshines 03-05-2017 04:24 AM

Last night's dinner: mozzerella stuffed meatloaf, steamed carrots, cheesy scalloped potato casserole. Served with a spinach salad (unpictured).

This is my teen boy's plate. Yes indeed, he loves ketchup. :giggle

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psdrqsrbtx.jpg

LilacPhoenix 03-05-2017 05:52 AM

Yesterday was homemade macaroni and cheese with sauteed chicken in it. My "baby" requested it :-)

Laurlor 03-05-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmamy (Post 6071373)
I cooked twice today - my brother and SIL were here and I'm so sad that I won't be able to go help them when their baby comes because I'm having my own baby. So I figured I could at least send them home with a couple of freezer meals :heart I made chicken noodle broccoli cheese soup for lunch and Italian drip beef sandwiches for dinner.

If you haven't had the drip beef it should immediately go into your rotation. Brainlessly easy and *always* a huge hit at my house:

chuck roast
1/2 of a 16-oz jar pepperoncini, including juice
3 heaping Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 c beef broth (somewhat optional)

Cook in crockpot on high several hours until it shreds easily; put meat onto ciabatta rolls and top with provolone cheese; bake/broil until cheese browns. Freeze the extra meat for an easy meal another day :)

That's so sweet to do that for them :heart!

So, chicken noodle broccoli cheese soup? That's one soup? I'm intrigued. Can you post the recipe please?

And I've cooked two chuck roasts in the crockpot in my life and they were SOOOOO tough! What's the secret? The first time I used Pioneer Woman's pot roast recipe, and the second time I used skinnytaste's barbacoa recipe. I SOOOO wanted to love it. Any tips? I'd love to try your recipe. My family would love it.

milkmommy 03-05-2017 05:40 PM

were getting to our end of paycheck days so lots of using leftovers up and kid of winging things..
Tonight it is Chicken and rice I start will basically sautéing in some olive oil what ever odds and ends frozen veggies we have tonight it was onions carrots celery garlic and spinach then brown some seasoned with salt/pepper chicken thighs, I remove the chicken and deglaze with a touch of white wine add 1 cup brown rice 2 cups chicken broth and the thighs back in bring to boil then cover and reduce and let cook till rice is done or about 40 minutes. One dish meal so clean up is pretty simple.

ServingGrace 03-06-2017 05:22 AM

Last night we had large salads with chicken breasts. Nothing fancy but quick and simple for Sunday.
Tonight I think we will have quinoa pasta with chicken and red sauce with salad on the side.

Love_Is_Patient 03-06-2017 07:25 AM

Today we had chili beans over rice. I stir-fried some odds and ends of vegetables to go with it

schmamy 03-06-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurlor (Post 6071480)

So, chicken noodle broccoli cheese soup? That's one soup? I'm intrigued. Can you post the recipe please?

And I've cooked two chuck roasts in the crockpot in my life and they were SOOOOO tough! What's the secret? The first time I used Pioneer Woman's pot roast recipe, and the second time I used skinnytaste's barbacoa recipe. I SOOOO wanted to love it. Any tips? I'd love to try your recipe. My family would love it.

Yes, one soup! It is like the love child of chicken noodle soup and broccoli cheese soup :lol

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/50524827050333670/

No photo, unfortunately...I keep forgetting to take one when we have it. Also, fair warning, it uses Velveeta. I know, ew. I am so much a real-food, cook-from-scratch person and Velveeta disgusts me...but I have tried multiple times to make this soup with real cheese and it doesn't work. I tried making a cheese sauce; I even tried making homemade Velveeta with real cheese and gelatin! No dice. It might work for you, but since we first acquired a taste for this soup made with Velveeta, any substitution just isn't the same and doesn't have the right texture. So I cringe and use Velveeta only for this soup. :shrug3

Re: chuck roast...if your chuck roast is tough from the crockpot, you're not cooking it long enough. The only way I've ever had it be tough is too short of a cooking time. I probably do 6-8 hours on high. Just let it keep going until it shreds easily with a fork.

charla 03-06-2017 10:58 AM

Greek-seasoned chicken breast, yellow rice, Mediterranean chop-chop salad

Laurlor 03-06-2017 01:04 PM

ZUPPA TOSCANA (CREAMY GNOCCHI SOUP WITH KALE AND SAUSAGE) and breadsticks. My friend made this last week at our Ash Wednesday soup/supper and I loved it. Hope mine turns out as good!

LilacPhoenix 03-06-2017 04:21 PM

Last night was bunless burgers and Brussels sprouts.

2sunshines 03-06-2017 04:22 PM

Fried rice with beef sausage and veggies casserole.

Topped with lots of melted cheese. Because my teen dd was around when I was cooking and she loves everything smothered in cheese. :lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psvu0ckufo.jpg

And C'MON FOLKS! Where are everyone else's PHOTOGRAPHS????!!!!!!!

milkmommy 03-06-2017 04:40 PM

Shepherd's pie with ground turkey vegetable broth mixed veggies and a thin layer of mashed potatoes made from the last three potatoes we have.
I used milk in the potatoes so ill probably make Margaret some chicken nuggets she doesn't like mashed potatoes anyways.

knitlove 03-06-2017 05:58 PM

Baked potato soup.

ServingGrace 03-06-2017 05:59 PM

Chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, baked potato wedges and broccoli and cauliflower smothered in cheese. We're sticking to basic meals with simple ingredients this month.