Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   Instant pot! (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=517412)

HuggaBuggaMommy 02-04-2016 05:50 PM

Re: Instant pot!

Okay, coming back to this. I'm just not feeling the Instant Pot love. I like it, and better than the slow cooker, but :shrug maybe it's me? I just don't have interest in making the things folks seem to rave about.

Soliloquy 02-05-2016 10:37 AM

Soup? Beans? We're going to have split pea soup tomorrow.

I used it to make rice the other day and it was perfect. It was so nice not to have to babysit rice. (I have the world's worst cooktop and rice and oatmeal often burn.)

Dandelion 02-05-2016 10:50 AM

I have used it for oatmeal numerous times and loved it. I made a spaghetti squash the other day - super easy and fast. http://www.youseasonwithlove.com/rec...e-instant-pot/

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Also, I am retracting my previous comment about it being smaller than my other pots. I did a refried beans for a second time and I was able to fit the same amount as I normally do in my crockpot. The first time I was being more conservative because I was afraid of over filling it and having a big mess but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

ECingMama 02-05-2016 11:25 AM

I really love it for steaming veggies. I've been using mine 2-3 times a day. :rockon

Llee 07-12-2016 05:33 AM

FYI, for amazon prime members, the Instant Pot is $69.99 right now during their deals day.

2sunshines 07-12-2016 01:37 PM

I literally squeed in pure delight this morning when I checked and saw this!!! I have had the instant pot in my cart for MONTHS waiting for that price drop. It's been sitting at $120. Yesterday I got a $30 off $150 promotion for amazon and was prepared to use it on the instant pot, bringing it down to $90.

THEN THIS!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Mind you, I wasn't a prime member. Perfect time to do the free trial. :rockon

Pearl In Oyster 07-12-2016 03:12 PM

I just bought one. :woohoo

ValiantJoy07 07-12-2016 05:00 PM

I got one too!!! :jump2

backtobasicsmum 07-12-2016 07:52 PM

I still use mine almost daily, so I'm glad to see you guys scoring a deal!

2sunshines 07-13-2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backtobasicsmum (Post 6027113)
I still use mine almost daily, so I'm glad to see you guys scoring a deal!

I agree! I borrowed a friends' for about a month to try out before I bought and I couldn't believe how often I used it! I gave it back a couple of weeks ago and I've been suffering since. ;) So many times at dinner prep I've found myself wishing I have my instant pot!

Especially in the summer when I hate to turn on the indoor stove or oven.

Can't wait for it to come!!!

Ms_Dahl 07-14-2016 07:12 PM

Why oh why didn't I think of coming here 2 days ago to see if there was a thread on this!?! Grr...it was $50 off on Prime Day and I was debating on getting it but then I felt like it was too much like my crock pot's purpose. I hate the way beans taste in it and I dislike that I have to do some prep work on my stove before using the crock pot and I think I would rather toss the crock pot and just use the Instant Pot instead. I passed on the prime day sale and now I will have to patiently wait for it to possibly go on sale again. What a bummer :(
Save

2sunshines 07-15-2016 10:01 AM

Be patient. It will come on sale again. I have been waiting for a few months for this price. Learning patience in the process. ;) but it was well worth the wait.

My instant pit arrived yesterday! An hour before we headed out camping for the weekend so it sits at home in the box but you can bet it will be used a ton this week!

ValiantJoy07 07-15-2016 02:45 PM

Tonight's Instant Pot Dinner: 4 minute rosemary and garlic crinkle cut potatoes (they taste amazing and have a great texture!) And steamed salmon and zucchini (I have the salmon on the steaming tray and zucchini in parchment paper above. Not having to stand over the grill or stove in this heat: priceless.

The Fish and zucchini turned out amazing, perfect texture for both. The zucchini has a slightly fishy bunt but nobody minded. :) dd1 has never liked fish but asked to try some because it wasn't grilled/fried and she liked it and ate half of mine. :snooty

:dance

2sunshines 07-16-2016 04:32 AM

What was your potato recipe?

ValiantJoy07 07-16-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6027822)
What was your potato recipe?

Here you go http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/...rlic-potatoes/ I cut the garlic potatoes then put them in a batter bowl and tossed them in Olive oil and then Followed the rest of the recipe. :O