Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=421)
-   -   Sean Paddock's Autopsy / Mandy Locke Article (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=158688)

TulipMama 05-10-2006 06:18 PM

Sean Paddock's Autopsy / Mandy Locke Article

http://www.newsobserver.com/1167/story/436198.html

:cry

hiddenhippie6 05-10-2006 06:27 PM

Re: Sean Paddock's Autopsy / Mandy Locke Article

:sad2 :sad2

Garnet 05-10-2006 06:27 PM

:cry I thought these two statements we rather contradictory:

"A four-year-old kid should not be roaming the house at night unsupervised," Reece said. "What she was trying to do was keep the child safe."

*********and then directly below it*********

Layers of thin, long bruises -- old and new -- stretched from Sean's bottom to his shoulder blade, the autopsy said. In addition to the binding, Paddock had been whipping the boy with a plastic plumbing pipe, Johnston County sheriff's deputies have said.

Investigators say Paddock had also been whipping Sean's 8-year-old sister and 9-year-old brother with the thin, flexible pipes. She faces felony child abuse charges in connection with their injuries.

She was trying to keep the child safe by beating him, and smothering him. Why couldn't she have put up a baby gate, or better yet, helped him go back to sleep? Some "mother". :cry :cry

Lantern Light Mama 05-10-2006 06:33 PM

Poor baby.

Roma 05-10-2006 06:35 PM

i'm :cry as i look at my son in his toddler bed right next to mine

Mama Rophe 05-10-2006 06:43 PM

:cry :cry

klpmommy 05-10-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

She was trying to keep the child safe by beating him, and smothering him. Why couldn't she have put up a baby gate, or better yet, helped him go back to sleep? Some "mother".
ITA :cry esp for the family who he was taken from.

I have a friend who is very into Ezzo stuff & through our conversations I have discovered that since her first response is to spank for "disobedience" she rarely thinks of any other creative & more effective way to discipline. She was spanking her baby (under a year) b/c he learned how to climb out of his crib & she couldn't get him to stay in any other way. When I mentioned crib tents she was really quiet for a while and then said something along the lines of "that would have worked better". But it never occurred to her to do anything other than spank.

Epieikeia 05-10-2006 07:10 PM

It makes me angry to think about this, especially as we are headed into fostering with the hopes of adopting. :mad They LIED--they knew they were NOT suppose to physically touch a child and they LIED. The funny thing is that if their own children lied we all know what they would have done to them with that piping. :mad

I am digusted and sickened........she murdered him and now it is she who needs to suffer the consequences of her actions. Whatever those consequences are, may she never be allowed to harm another child. :mad

This Busy Mom 05-10-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

They LIED--they knew they were NOT suppose to physically touch a child and they LIED. The funny thing is that if their own children lied we all know what they would have done to them with that piping. mad
Huge irony there... :no2 . I just skimmed through her other article http://www.newsobserver.com/141/story/434403.html and don't get why anyone would think that this would be a good way to raise kids :( .

QuiltinGramma 05-10-2006 07:29 PM

Glad she's following up on it still.
:heart

TulipMama 05-10-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

She was spanking her baby (under a year) b/c he learned how to climb out of his crib & she couldn't get him to stay in any other way. When I mentioned crib tents she was really quiet for a while and then said something along the lines of "that would have worked better". But it never occurred to her to do anything other than spank.
That was me with my first toddler. *tears* And at the time, I would have thought crib tents were for "lazy" parents.

This Busy Mom 05-10-2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

And at the time, I would have thought crib tents were for "lazy" parents.
]

I'm sorry... that mindset has always really made me :mad :mad . It's it lazier to spank them and not think about creative ways to solve the problem without it?

Epieikeia 05-10-2006 08:05 PM

(((TulipMama))) :hugheart :heart

beccafromlalaland 05-10-2006 08:17 PM

that poor baby was tortured from the moment he stepped foot in that house. Coming from someone who has experienced the terror of near suffocation that poor baby :cry :cry :hissyfit :hissyfit I only hope that he fell asleep and passed quickly

QuiltinGramma 05-11-2006 09:29 AM

My heart is :bheart too.
I'm glad Mandy is still on top of this and not letting it fade away.
:heart