Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   I think I have kidney stones....update post 17 (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=447516)

dakotablue 04-27-2012 07:54 PM

I think I have kidney stones....update post 17

I woke up this morning with pain, kinda like I hadn't eaten in days. Its come and gone all day. Its in my back and side and up....

I am still peeing though. We can't really afford for me to go to ER. I mean if it gets worse or I have to go we obviously can. Dh kinda wants me to go now because he thinks if I'm feeling any pain it must be horrible, he thinks I superman :)

Anyone have kidney stones before? If the pain doesn't get too bad could I wait until Monday? If it gets worse then yeah I'll go, but right now its like really bad gas (which honestly I thought that's what it was, but its not bubbling or anything gas usually does...and it hasn't gone away)

Should I just drink tons of water?

I know this sounds like I'm playing fast and loose with my health, I'm not I don't feel that bad just bad enough I've taken real notice.

Thanks

Barefoot Bookworm 04-27-2012 07:55 PM

Re: I think I have kidney stones....

Drink lots and lots of water. Sometimes lemonade or beer helps.

light of mine 04-27-2012 08:25 PM

I have chronic kidney stones and I usually wait until I have unbearable pain for a couple of days, or if I start throwing up and can't keep hydrated.

IME and from what I've read that doesn't really sound like typical kidney stone pain though. Most kidney stone pain starts in the back-usually more stabbing in nature and radiating to the side and lower abdomen-not upward, and I've never heard anyone mistaking it for gas. Do you think there is any chance it could be a gallbladder attack?

dakotablue 04-27-2012 08:43 PM

Lightofmine Thanks so much for your experience.
gallbladder...maybe.... though I'm not in the at risk category (i'm 28)

It is stabby, from what I read it seems to be pain in typical places. I'm not a gassy person so maybe I'm wrong, mostly the pain reminds me of bad hungry pains you get from a few days without food. My Dad gets these, which is why I though of them.

Right now I'm getting chills, like head to toe goose bumps, its 72 in my house (but its kinda neat I've never seen my calf have goose bumps before). I read that mean they are moving along and the pain is now centrally lower back...

I don't know what else it could be

light of mine 04-27-2012 08:56 PM

Hmmm :think...

BTW, I am in no way trying to play doctor, just guessing along with you :giggle

FWIW I had my gallbladder out at 19. It seems pretty common for females after they have babies too. I can think of several of my friends who had gallbladder issues before they were 30. The only reason I keep mentioning it is because you mention the full-feeling stomach and some gassy-type pains, and the way it moves upwards.

A kidney stone should make your urine darker from the blood (you might be able to see spots of blood or it could just be microscopic making it orange-ish).

If you think it could be a kidney stone I would drink as much as possible to try to flush it out. Waiting a few days to see if it passes on its own probably won't hurt anything. My doctors give me 4 weeks as long as nothing is obstructed.

:pray4praying whatever it is goes away soon on its own.

Sparrow 04-27-2012 09:38 PM

I'd guess gall bladder too. I had mine out at 22.

Do you have a fever?

Does it feel tender to press where your gall bladder is? Liverish area?

dakotablue 04-27-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 4600670)
I'd guess gall bladder too. I had mine out at 22.

Do you have a fever?

Does it feel tender to press where your gall bladder is? Liverish area?

Yes, I don't think I'll do that again :no...ok so gallbladder :think No fever, chills off and on.

Is there anything to do other than wait and see?

I'm feeling a bit better right now...been peeing and :shifty like crazy (recent change)

I'm going to try to sleep...

Thanks so so much! Maybe I'll call my GP tomorrow.

homesteadmama 04-28-2012 07:44 AM

I once had a kidney stone, and it was excruciating! Like bad.

In case it is one, you can drink a mixture of 2oz lemon juice and 2oz olive oil. It should help you pass it, and relieve the pain.

mamacat 04-28-2012 07:51 AM

If you still think could be kidney stone related would try cystex that has cranberry concentrate to help adhere to and flush out and also a urinary antiseptic nd something to relieve the pain.The olive/oil and lemon yu can drink in V8 juice and would help with either GB or KS

light of mine 04-28-2012 08:09 AM

Hope you are feeling better this morning :pray4

dakotablue 04-28-2012 09:29 AM

Hi!

I am feeling better, no more stabbing. Now I just have a constant dull ache in my back, like its bruised. Chills are gone.

I am going to call my doctor on Monday. I hope this isn't going to become a regular/ recurrent thing.

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I'm so glad I have GCM.

mamacat 04-28-2012 09:47 AM

Get some Cystex in the meantime if you can in case it is kidney related - it will help with pain and the healing process

LilacPhoenix 04-28-2012 10:23 AM

If you want to try a gallbladder flush to see if it helps, here's the one I use http://cmlhealth.blogspot.com/2010/0...der-flush.html Glad you're feeling better!

dakotablue 04-30-2012 03:48 PM

gallbladder ladies you get a gold star!

So I was better, I ate some homemade (and low fat) stir fry and it came back...Called my Doctor, he had me take some pain meds.

I go tomorrow for ultrasound and my Doctor thinks surgery to remove it tomorrow as well.

I 'tried' a cleanse (Olive oil and lemon :yuck) and honestly...it didn't work, I did it in between attacks over night.

Prayers would be awesome. Thanks!!!

LilacPhoenix 04-30-2012 04:01 PM

Re: I think I have kidney stones....update post 15

:hugheart I've tried the lemon juice and olive oil between attacks and it didn't work. The cleanse I do takes 2-3 days and ends with lj and oo but those days before make all the difference! Do some research before you agree to surgery...