Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   I need someone to decorate my house for me. (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=523970)

kiloyd 10-13-2017 11:09 AM

I need someone to decorate my house for me.

I can't even pick out curtains!

I bought white and gray/white paisley yesterday at TJMaxx. I never have figured out how to post pictures here on GCM.

It is for my dining room which we are using as a playroom. Below the chair rail is navy blue and above is cream and the chair rail and window trim are white.

There's a wall paper boarder at the top that could stay for awhile if I keep the white curtains but needs to go soon if I keep the gray/white curtains. Eventually I will take the wallpaper boarder down in the 3 rooms downstairs and wallpaper off the kitchen too, but I'm not tackling that anytime soon.

I don't want to do miniblinds.

If I do white they will get dirty, but I guess I could break down and use a little bleach.

That's all, just whining that I can't decorate and can't make decisions. :giggle

squiddles 10-13-2017 11:17 AM

I need someone to decorate my house for me.

I love white curtains! It's all I use, I have at least four big windows that have the linen white curtains from IKEA... the only set that get dirty are the ones I have hanging in the dining room... and that is because my kids have a horrid habit of using them as a napkin [emoji15][emoji30]

You probably won't have that problem in the playroom [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverRock 10-13-2017 01:36 PM

Re: I need someone to decorate my house for me.

I agree with sticking with white curtains. I might have the same linen curtains as squiddles in a few rooms of my house. I suggest not going to thin/sheer because you don't want the curtains to look like toilet paper (that's what dh said about sheers I tried to hang in our living room).

kiloyd 10-13-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRock (Post 6110864)
I agree with sticking with white curtains. I might have the same linen curtains as squiddles in a few rooms of my house. I suggest not going to thin/sheer because you don't want the curtains to look like toilet paper (that's what dh said about sheers I tried to hang in our living room).

:giggle I have sheer white in the front room, would be formal living room probably, but we use it as the computer room. The curtains were here, so see through at night with the computer screen on or the fish tank light on, but not during the day. One day I'll change those too, maybe.

I just really really wanted curtains for the dining/play room because the kids watch TV there, close to the window so they can be seen. Don't like that when I"m not home.

I folded the gray/white up and will return them. Now to switch out the valence rod with the curtain rods.

RiverRock 10-14-2017 05:17 AM

Your sheers might be better than the cheap ones I found at IKEA. The ones I tried really did look like toilet paper on their own. Maybe they would have worked if layered with curtains. :shrug3