Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   So, how's the weather out there? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=522329)

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 07:56 AM

So, how's the weather out there?

Currently, it is sleeting but it snowed through the night. The wind has blown a 2-3 foot drift just off our front porch. On the back porch, the snow is almost waist deep on my little man (right now it's butt deep:giggle). Some are saying we'll have 30 inches before it's over. All the schools are closed. I hear NYC schools are closed for tomorrow as well as today.

It's not even fit to go out & play in right now though my little guy is dying to get out there. Woke up asking for his boots because "I want to be ready!".

So, how is it where you are - & yes even you folks who'd like to rub it in that it's in the 80's or something....some of us can live vicariously.

The Tickle Momster 03-14-2017 08:16 AM

Re: So, how's the weather out there?

It's windy here today. Been the rainiest 2 months in a longntime. Only a few hours of sun in the last 3-4 months. Something as crazy as 30-60 hours.

mamacat 03-14-2017 08:39 AM

No blizzards here in N FL but some very high winds and rain in the night and will freeze tonight and 20s tomorrow night

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster (Post 6073175)
It's windy here today. Been the rainiest 2 months in a longntime. Only a few hours of sun in the last 3-4 months. Something as crazy as 30-60 hours.

Yikes. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I love sunshiny days. I like nice rainy days too but there is such thing as too much.

Singingmom 03-14-2017 08:50 AM

We've had a few weeks of spring-like weather interrupted by 2 inches of snow yesterday morning. :) Today it's sunny and about 50 degrees. Hope you stay snug and safe in all that snow!

RiverRock 03-14-2017 09:07 AM

It's warming up where I live on the Canadian side of the PNW. My city had an unusual amount of snow in February. Rain, rain, and more rain is in the forecast for today. I still wear gloves outside, but I don't need to cover my ears anymore.

mamaKristin 03-14-2017 09:20 AM

We just had a really bitter cold snap, where temps hovered around -25C/-13F for 10-ish days. Yesterday, it went from -25C/-13F in the morning to 9C/48F in a couple hours. It's currently 10am, and just sitting close to freezing, with more warmth to come. There is lots of slush and snow out there, which means the roads are really really dirty and wet. Time to make sure I have an extra bottle of washer fluid in my van.

The Tickle Momster 03-14-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerberadaisy (Post 6073179)
Yikes. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I love sunshiny days. I like nice rainy days too but there is such thing as too much.

Yeah, I don't mind the bad weather, but a nice sunny day would go a long way right now. :) We've had a wild weather winter overall. I think I see some blue sky to the west. :woohoo

knitlove 03-14-2017 09:38 AM

We have had snow most of the morning but the wind has yet to pick up enough to warrant​ the blizzard warning.

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitlove (Post 6073200)
We have had snow most of the morning but the wind has yet to pick up enough to warrant the blizzard warning.

It was blowing really bad here. I wouldn't allow my little guy to go out until it stopped. We have a 3-4 ft drift outside our garage door yet we didn't quite get that many feet of snow yet.

Pragmatist 03-14-2017 11:31 AM

Sunny and 70 in Colorado. We've had a very mild winter with hardly any snow. We need moisture soon, though, or it will be a bad year for fires.

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmatist (Post 6073214)
Sunny and 70 in Colorado. We've had a very mild winter with hardly any snow. We need moisture soon, though, or it will be a bad year for fires.

Hope you get something soon then.

Beth1231 03-14-2017 11:40 AM

My parents in PA keep sending me pics of their driveway. Can't even see their cars anymore.
It's sunny and 50 in TX and I keep breaking into fits of giggles thinking about Texans getting two ft of snow. Mass panic. The state would shut down.

WanderingJuniper 03-14-2017 12:11 PM

We have about a foot of snow and still snowing. There was some sleet mixed in so it's a very heavy wet snow.

tazmom 03-14-2017 12:26 PM

It's unseasonably warm here, mid-90s and still rising. It's about 20 degrees hotter than it should be this time of year. I'm working outdoors 12+ hours a day for 3 days this weekend. I hope I can stay hydrated enough.