Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   EC: The Potty Pause/Strike (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=522575)

arelyn 04-11-2017 06:24 AM

EC: The Potty Pause/Strike

The little guy just learned to crawl and promptly stopped using hte potty. Everytime I take him he arches his back and/or signs all done as soon as we get there. If I tell him we're just going to try for a minute he SCREAMS at me.

I'm not at all surprised. This is my third EC baby and they've all done this once they learned to rawl and explore. What has me puzzled is I can not remember hw long it went on with the older two? Or if it was different between both of them?

So I figured a poll was in order. How long did your milestone obsessed babies potty pause? (Not to be mistaken for the stubborn, I-can-do-it-myself toddler potty pause.)

Multiple choice for multiple children...not multiple choice for multiple strikes.

And I kept time frames super vague because honestly how many of us were counting days/weeks. Just give me your best guess!

ECingMama 04-11-2017 09:25 AM

Re: EC: The Potty Pause/Strike

My son was completely unwilling from 12 months until close to 24 months, so we stopped totally. I know he pooped on the potty around 21 months because my husband took a video of the stool with lots of happiness. LOL

He potty trained in one day at 24 months. I put him in undies and left the house. Offered the potty every hour the first day and every couple of hours in the days to follow. Almost no accidents.

Aerynne 04-11-2017 11:01 AM

My kids didn't do strikes but I might have to switch up the location sometimes- take them in the bathroom sink and let them play in the water, bring out new and different toys (and sometimes safe objects that were not toys) as they sat on the potty, hold them over a bush outside in our back yard, take them on the toilet being held backwards and let them play with the toilet lid, etc. If they balked at one location I would immediately try another one- for example I take the child in the bathroom sink and she arches her back, I immediately walk over to the toilet and try there. If she arches her back there I would move to the potty, etc, all only if I was pretty sure she had to go. If all choices were rejected we'd put the diaper back on (or run around the back yard naked for awhile, weather and schedule permitting).

Steph 04-11-2017 12:33 PM

I personally would not want to interrupt the valuable
Work of play. Perhaps this is heir way of signaling they have other more pressing work to do for the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk