Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=529)
-   -   Bentonite Clay (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=249730)

CakeLady 07-23-2008 08:22 AM

Re: Bentonite Clay

I ordered it yesterday (and the book from Amazon...along with a book about using the coconut oil I have, but rarely use :shifty). I can't wait! I hope it comes fast.

HummusDip 07-23-2008 09:05 AM

Alright, I'm going to use some today on my face and my moles. I have a really weird one that I pulled off years ago and it grew back it's ugly and in my way. It's under my boob. LOL

I also got some skin tags during this last pregnancy on my neck that I want to get rid of.

Codi 07-23-2008 09:18 AM

Ok, so this thread is SO COOL! :tu I have been very interested in more clay info and HERE I HAVE IT! I have not read ALL 11 PAGES though :jawdrop . But was wondering what it could do for my dh. He has asthma that he has to occasionally use an inhaler for and we would LOVE to get rid of that yucky thing.....

JBEMom 07-24-2008 08:06 AM

I ordered some over the weekend from Earth's Living Clay. She shipped it on Monday and I got it yesterday. She even included a small container of hydrated clay so I gave myself a facial and WOW....what a huge difference in my skin in just one facial. I have had very dry skin, especially on my nose and the skin on either side of my nose. I washed the clay off and put on so jojoba oil and 24 hours later my skin is very smooth and soft like a baby's bottom :)

I also mixed some powder up to make some liquid clay to drink and to give to my dogs. One of my dogs in particular has very bad allergies. So I started them on some liquid clay. Last night I had very bad heartburn from eating pizza. I took some liquid clay and immediately, the heartburn was gone.

So far, I'm a believer!

FaithfilledGranolaChick 07-24-2008 09:36 AM

My dd just got a bee sting, and I put hydrated clay on it and it took the sting away!! :rockon

HummusDip 07-24-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaithfilledGranolaChick
My dd just got a bee sting, and I put hydrated clay on it and it took the sting away!! :rockon

Poor Nat :hugheart Glad the clay worked though!

rosesnsnails 07-24-2008 10:03 AM

I'm still wondering about the aluminum. I wonder if there is a source that is aluminum free. :shrug

Codi 07-24-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APMamaCodi
Ok, so this thread is SO COOL! :tu I have been very interested in more clay info and HERE I HAVE IT! I have not read ALL 11 PAGES though :jawdrop . But was wondering what it could do for my dh. He has asthma that he has to occasionally use an inhaler for and we would LOVE to get rid of that yucky thing.....

:shifty

FaithfilledGranolaChick 07-24-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

:think I think it could possibly help! I would try it for sure.

Codi 07-24-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaithfilledGranolaChick
Quote:

Quote:

:think I think it could possibly help! I would try it for sure.

Hoe exactly? Drinking? :popcorn

HummusDip 07-24-2008 01:27 PM

Codi I'm not sure about the asthma thing but "me" should know, she's like the bentonite clay queen. :giggle

Codi 07-24-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummusDip
Codi I'm not sure about the asthma thing but "me" should know, she's like the bentonite clay queen. :giggle

:yes Im waiting to see if she responds before I PM her..... :shifty

I read in one of the first posts on the first page that it helped someone with asthma....I think it might have been 'me.'

JBEMom 07-24-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosesnsnails
I'm still wondering about the aluminum. I wonder if there is a source that is aluminum free. :shrug

aboutclay.com address using clay that might have aluminium in their FAQ section: http://aboutclay.com/faq.htm

EDITED: I think I broke one of the posting rules so I removed the info and just put a link to where I found it.

rosesnsnails 07-24-2008 06:20 PM

Thanks. I know they say 'Don't worry. It doesn't harm you.' I'm just not sure I can believe them. I've tried too many natural things that have ended up hurting me.

JBEMom 07-24-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosesnsnails
Thanks. I know they say 'Don't worry. It doesn't harm you.' I'm just not sure I can believe them. I've tried too many natural things that have ended up hurting me.

I understand....just was showing you that info, not trying to convince you what to believe.