Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Pics of the RAW recipes I made **NEW** pic added!!!! (pg 3) You have to see it! (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=202227)

poleidopy 05-03-2007 03:51 PM

Re: Pics of the 3 RAW recipes I made this past week. (And they were SOO delicious!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomer
Well I have the oven door closed and it's going on 3 hours right now. But I think I made them a little thick - I used my biggest pan and filled it. A cup is a lot!

I'll let you know when they're done. :yum

I make them so thin you can see through them, pretty much. :shifty Let me know how they turn out. Maybe i'll try thick ones next time.

thomer 05-03-2007 03:57 PM

Re: Pics of the 3 RAW recipes I made this past week. (And they were SOO delicious!)

Think they'll finish if I take them out? My granola didn't get really cruchy until I took it out of the oven and it cooled.
:shrug

poleidopy 05-03-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomer
Think they'll finish if I take them out? My granola didn't get really cruchy until I took it out of the oven and it cooled.
:shrug

I don't know...mine were always crunchy when I took them out. :shrug if you take them out & they still aren't crunchy you can always stick them back in.

thomer 05-03-2007 05:15 PM

Well I took them out and let them cool. They were crunchy on top and soft on the bottom. The thinner parts were glued to the pan :doh The thicker parts I pried up and turned over and stuck back in the oven.

I tasted some, don't really like them. :/ Maybe I didn't put enough spice in. :shrug Oh well, maybe DH will like them.

poleidopy 05-03-2007 05:23 PM

yeah, you really have to add a lot of spices so they don't taste so, well....like seeds. :shifty

thomer 05-03-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poleidopy
yeah, you really have to add a lot of spices so they don't taste so, well....like seeds. :shifty

Yeah, that's pretty much what they tasted like. Maybe I can eat them with dip or something. :shrug

poleidopy 05-03-2007 08:32 PM

yeah, if they're relly thick, you can eat them with salsa or guacamole or anything. Sorry they didn't turn out that good. :/

Aisling 05-03-2007 09:01 PM

Re: Pics of the 3 RAW recipes I made this past week. (And they were SOO delicio

I'm going to try them in our food dehydrator this weekend :whistle

waterbaby 05-04-2007 05:43 PM

oh my gosh...subbing and drooling :yum :yum :yum :yum

thomer 05-04-2007 05:47 PM

DH said the crackers I made tasted like grass. :blush

But, we've been fighting over the cookies. :kiss And he hasn't eaten his share yet and they're driving me nuts!!! :P~

Unique 05-04-2007 07:10 PM

:P~ :heart

Aisling 05-08-2007 08:57 AM

The crackers turned out nicely and were a hit! I put a little vinegar, dill and sea salt..and they taste like dill pickle chips. :giggle

Kawani, thank you soooo much for the coconut ball recipe. They're helping me kick my chocolate habit and sooo yummy. :yum :heart :heart

poleidopy 05-08-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gentlebirth
Kawani, thank you soooo much for the coconut ball recipe. They're helping me kick my chocolate habit and sooo yummy. :yum :heart :heart

No problem! I'm keeping my eyes open for more great recipes. I was really sad when I came home & there wee no cookies left. I have no other chocolate in the house! Argh!!!!

diamondintherough 05-09-2007 08:15 AM

I made the chocolate/coconut thingies. Yum! I rolled mine into balls and then rolled 1/2 of them into coconut and left the other 1/2 plain. I called them Moosetracks and Moosetracks in the snow :giggle

ETA---O.k. THIS is big. Dh who does not partake in my culinary whims actually had one and made positive comments about it! He's diabetic so he has to be careful because dates are full of sugar, but he really enjoyed it. It appeared to me that he would have eaten more if it weren't for the sugar factor. I think I will use less nut butter and more cocoa powder next time or I may buy some cacao and try that.

I DO think it would work with sunflower seeds, preferably soaked first.

crunchymum 05-09-2007 09:18 AM

i want a dehydrator. :cry2