Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=422)
-   -   Planning and planners. (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=351818)

WildOlive 03-24-2010 12:12 PM

Planning and planners.

I tried Simply Charlotte Mason's online planner this fall... I liked it, but it fell by the wayside because I didn't like having to log on every time I wanted to update it or check it. So I think I need something on paper. I've come to realize that even if I intend to do something, if it's not written down somewhere it will not get done.

I also don't want a planner that I have to hand write everything in. I want to be able to make the plan on the computer, but then print it out. Does anyone know of anybody who sells a customizable planner like this? Maybe a .pdf? I'd like to be able to just plug in my info and go, instead of coming up with my own format.

I still haven't decided what we're doing next year, but I think it will either be Sonlight, AO with history modifications, or me pulling my own thing together again (I can't believe I just typed that. I must be nuts.)

If you do make up your own planner from scratch, I'd love to hear how you put it together, or see a sample.

Mama Rophe 03-24-2010 12:17 PM

Re: Planning and planners.

:popcorn

Damselfly 03-24-2010 12:47 PM

My husband creates my planner pages and attendance record for me. I love that because he will customize it to exactly what I need. I can ask him more about how he does it if you'd like.

lenswyf 03-24-2010 06:24 PM

http://www.wellplannedday.com/
You can buy the 2009-2010 planner for $5 to see if it will meet your needs. I have the downloadable version and like it.

WildOlive 03-25-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenswyf (Post 2980511)
http://www.wellplannedday.com/
You can buy the 2009-2010 planner for $5 to see if it will meet your needs. I have the downloadable version and like it.

THat one looks interesting. Is the downloadable version also customizable? Like can I change the names/add subjects and things?

lenswyf 03-30-2010 07:00 AM

No, the downloadable is not customizable because it's a .pdf file.

FWIW, if you wanted to try it, you can buy it for half price through the Homeschool Buyer's Coop (https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.or...er&Itemid=1342) until 3/31.

Titus2Momof4 03-30-2010 07:47 AM

I create my own from scratch, but I don't mind sitting down to do that. I also use some of the templates available in Microsoft Office 2007 for other things. Have you delved into some of those? You can always tweak them to include the info you want, but check out the Excel ones as they do have tons of planners and school planners. I like that I can enter in the info I want to be "standard," but then I print them up for that add-on info that I want to add (by hand). Plus, other than my calendar for work, I really prefer everything to be on paper (I'm old-fashioned that way :shifty) For work, everything changes on the fly sometimes and other things need to be switched around, appointment times change, etc. so I definitely need something online for that--that would be far too much erasing/whiting out/re-printing if work was all on paper!

AdrienneQW 03-30-2010 12:27 PM

Check out the planners and other stuff at www.donnayoung.org - I find tons of good (freeeeee) things on her site. :tu

WildOlive 03-30-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrienneQW (Post 2992111)
Check out the planners and other stuff at www.donnayoung.org - I find tons of good (freeeeee) things on her site. :tu

Oh, she has some type-able pdfs!

Has anyone used Homeschool Tracker Plus? I know that is computer based, I wonder if you can also print out the plans?

lmgeenw 04-02-2010 10:47 PM

:cup

lenswyf 04-04-2010 05:01 AM

I have homeschool tracker, and yes, you can print out the plans. I haven't had time to really make it work for me, but I know people who would be lost without it.

They offer an abbreviated free version that is enough to plan out your homeschool.

2TMama 04-04-2010 05:46 AM

We use MFW......I use their planner, but it definitely takes some tweaking.

I'll admit, it DOES annoy me. I would like something more CUSTOMIZED; however, I don't know that it's worth my extra time to sit down & reinvent. :O

As it stands, I copy the planner pages out of the TM & on the backside have copied a blank planner to pencil in stuff for our second "student" ;).

Always love to hear what others are doing.......I am a planner type of girl. :rockon