Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Household notebooks (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=336577)

TrinMama 12-31-2009 01:41 PM

Re: Household notebooks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggirayne (Post 2796826)
That is gorgeous! I would relax looking at something like that. but would feel icky taking time to do it. But, :idea my BFF in college made one, and I loved looking at hers. She's single and might enjoy making one for me. :giggle

This one I totally didn't get at first. I'm all about crafty stuff. :yes But this had me :scratch. I went back to it today, and read through the end...she said it's nice "to write down the date and all the lovely little snippets of the day". That I could do/would do. Maybe at some point I'll do a memory journal or something like that...I just can't imagine being organized with something like that. I'd personally stay as scattered as I am right now. :shifty

ArmsOfLove 12-31-2009 01:44 PM

is it possible you are equating right-brained and artistic with disorganized? Organization does not look the same for a right-brained artistic person, but it does not have to be disorganization. I have learned that "disorganized" has often meant "trying hard to follow left brained ideas and use left brained tools and having them be ineffective".

"Organizing for the Creative Mind" :tu :tu

MtnMama 12-31-2009 01:47 PM

I'm just enjoying this thread!

TrinMama 12-31-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmsOfLove (Post 2796879)
is it possible you are equating right-brained and artistic with disorganized? Organization does not look the same for a right-brained artistic person, but it does not have to be disorganization. I have learned that "disorganized" has often meant "trying hard to follow left brained ideas and use left brained tools and having them be ineffective".

:think maybe ... I keep thinking/feeling that if I could get things "sorted" nicely I might keep things straight a little better. But so far, I have never found a good "system". :shrug3

Is that a book?

Right now I'm in the process of holding a sleepy but hungry baby, and when he's again fed and sleepING, I'm going to finish decorating my notebook and take a picture. :yes

ThirstyTurtle 12-31-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrinMama (Post 2796581)
So now I'm having a hard time filling it. I had planned to put medical info and vehicle info in it, for example. But right now these are kept in our filing cabinet. I am wondering now which is best...keep them in the filing cabinet, or move them? :think

I would keep them in the filing cabinet. I don't see the point of having them in the household notebook unless you reference them on a daily, weekly, or maybe even monthly basis.

I would like to get a household notebook together with a menu plan, grocery lists, grocery sales ad, budget, place for receipts that need to be filed, cleaning schedule, weekly schedule, and to-do list. I already have financial relatively organized in my filing cabinet anyway.

TraceMama 01-01-2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmsOfLove (Post 2796879)

Crystal, would you mind sharing how you organized homekeeping with 5 children as a right-brained person? :O:heart I'd love to hear about it. :yes

I've read "Organizing for the Creative Mind" and the things I'm going to try and incorporate this year are the To-Do list based on priority, a global overview of the month and upcoming months, and I'm going to experiment with organizing my day like the chronotebook (i.e. a clock at the center of the page and that's it). :shrug

Mama Bird 01-01-2010 07:41 AM

Use it...love it! If you save her printables on your desktop, you can actually print them smaller, to fit in your planner. I keep a household notebook and a planner, and they match. :blush

TraceMama 01-01-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaBee (Post 2798048)
Use it...love it! If you save her printables on your desktop, you can actually print them smaller, to fit in your planner. I keep a household notebook and a planner, and they match. :blush

Which printables? :shrug :O

Garland 01-03-2010 01:13 PM

:popcorn

TrinMama 01-03-2010 01:29 PM

I know I still need to post a picture. I still need to take the picture. :bag It's been a busy weekend and we're also getting the house ready to list it for sale...so hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning I'll post a picture of my binder.

Katydid 01-03-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrinMama (Post 2796876)
This one I totally didn't get at first. I'm all about crafty stuff. :yes But this had me :scratch. I went back to it today, and read through the end...she said it's nice "to write down the date and all the lovely little snippets of the day". That I could do/would do. Maybe at some point I'll do a memory journal or something like that...I just can't imagine being organized with something like that. I'd personally stay as scattered as I am right now. :shifty

I know it's not for everybody, just what has worked for me. :) Here is another one of her blog posts about how she organizes her planning: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/...ning-days.html Maybe that would help to explain a bit better?

Also, as a bonus, here is a beautifully encouraging entry on scheduling our days: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/08/new-days.html

mummy2boys 01-03-2010 11:02 PM

subbing to come back to this

Naxi 01-04-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraceMama (Post 2798161)
Which printables? :shrug :O

Yes, please. Which site did you mean, Haley?

Teacher Mom 01-04-2010 03:34 AM

:popcorn

TrinMama 01-04-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katydid (Post 2802857)
I know it's not for everybody, just what has worked for me. :) Here is another one of her blog posts about how she organizes her planning: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/...ning-days.html Maybe that would help to explain a bit better?

Also, as a bonus, here is a beautifully encouraging entry on scheduling our days: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/08/new-days.html

:idea :yes Now I get it.

here's another just like her idea, with lots of pictures. http://eyesofwonder.typepad.com/my_w...ing/index.html