Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   I'm feeling particularly ruthless today (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=442109)

Chaos Coordinator 03-03-2012 09:31 AM

I'm feeling particularly ruthless today

I just threw away a pan with milk scorched to the bottom, a broken cabinet knob, a broken wheel off the dishwasher rack, like five broken toys, a tool turnabout that's been empty for months, two canisters that have sat empty for months, a piece of wire, and 11 cents that were in a puddle of soap from a bottle that fell over.

That felt good :shifty

Then I used the puddle of soap and a wet towel to scrub a forsaken little section of countertop that we usually set trash on. Then I used the wet soapy towel to clean the sink and the window sill. :dance

GraemesMomma 03-03-2012 09:34 AM

Re: I'm feeling particularly ruthless today

:lol Uh-oh!

It feels good. I like doing stuff like that :grin

SweetCaroline 03-03-2012 10:04 AM

i love to "get rid"

raining_kisses 03-03-2012 10:08 AM

show your house who is boss. :rockon

crunchymum 03-03-2012 10:11 AM

like a boss!

Autumn 03-03-2012 10:20 AM

:clap Very nice!

Domina 03-03-2012 12:18 PM

:phew Glad it's not just me! I frequently think, "I would rather throw this thing away than ever clean, pick up, organize, sort or iron it again." So I do.

blondie 03-03-2012 12:21 PM

I don't know why throwing stuff away is so fun...but it is. :shifty

staceylayne 03-03-2012 12:42 PM

Way to go, you! :rockon

I'm terribly about throwing things away myself. I make all kinds of grand plans for our unneeded, unusable, unworkable junk...and I rarely follow through (although I did mend two items of clothing the other day!). Jeff is the thrower-awayer at our house. Once he's fed up with moving my piles of "stuff to be delt with" around he'll give me The Look and say "how about I just get rid of this?". And I close my eyes and it's gone. :phew I'm always relieved in the end.

He's even said "I'll just put this in the attic for now. If you haven't found a home for it in six months, it's gone. Deal?" :shifty

Chaos Coordinator 03-03-2012 02:56 PM

Throwing things away is a complex issue for me. If it's broken, I feel like I should fix it. If it's torn, I feel like I should mend it. Even if I don't want it anymore, I should fix it and then donate it. If I do want it but don't have room for it or aren't using it, it can trigger my separation anxiety.

But I've really been working hard on this. I can't live like this. Who cares if I should put the sugar into the empty sugar canister. I don't have time and I don't have a good place to store the canisters, And my measuring cups don't fit into the top of it anyway. Sanity stealer!! I'm done with you, stupid canister. Out you go.

Rusty/dusty pennies? We aren't that broke :no not anymore.

That stupid pan? I likely would have had to stay up late after the kids were in bed trying to salvage it, which would have resulted in grouchy tired mama the next day. Not worth it, not even a little bit.

I just took out two large bags of ugly hangers :shrug3 that's right, just because they were ugly. We had too many and they were always all over the floor and being broken. See ya. Not anymore you ugly clear plastic or no shoulder slot having hunks of junk. Not my problem.

And I threw out a ratty old poly satin comforter. It had stuffing coming it of it, and was POLYESTER. Blech.

I could keep going, but my trash bin is now halfway full and I have to leave room for household trash. The truck comes Thursday. I can't wait.