Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   GD Info and FAQs *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=526)
-   -   The Diaper Change Hold (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=343953)

Rabbit 02-01-2010 09:37 PM

Re: The Diaper Change Hold

So I tried it on Seth. He's so short, and my feet are so long, that my heels are by his butt. It made him so mad that he couldn't flip, but he liked holding my big toe, too. It's an amazingly gentle way to hold him. I didn't have to press on him at all.

Bonnie 02-01-2010 09:46 PM

I would have loved to be able to do something like this! But I am almost completely unable to change a diaper without the baby's head to my left and its tush to my right. I find is so awkward to wipe and do the diaper switch unless my right arm and hand are coming from the side that way, as opposed to in front of me. :lol

abh5e8 02-01-2010 10:10 PM

i did it tonight...it was awsome!! well, ds was ticked (as usual) but i was quick, gentle and efficient. and it seemed quite easy. we will be using this again...thanks so much!!

MomtoJGJ 02-02-2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 2872108)
I would have loved to be able to do something like this! But I am almost completely unable to change a diaper without the baby's head to my left and its tush to my right. I find is so awkward to wipe and do the diaper switch unless my right arm and hand are coming from the side that way, as opposed to in front of me. :lol

I think this is also part of my problem.... way too many years in childcare where we had to use the changing tables!

Rabbit 02-02-2010 09:43 PM

Seth says that it is entirely inappropriate to use this hold when your feet are like ice. ;)

Blue-EyedLady 02-03-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 2874656)
Seth says that it is entirely inappropriate to use this hold when your feet are like ice. ;)

:giggle

CompassionateLady 02-03-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 2872108)

:lol

it's almost opposite for me. Whenever I had to use a changing table at our old church, it took me FOREVA to change my oldest girls diaper.

EMama 02-03-2010 11:49 AM

I'm going to have to try that with our ninja quick 9 month old!

Krisun 02-08-2010 11:59 AM

Loving this hold. Makes diaper changes so much quicker, and I ge much less frustrated.

Mokek Kwe 02-26-2010 11:36 PM

I vote this for a sticky because I just tried to find it and had to go to like page 3 or 4 ;)

ArmsOfLove 02-27-2010 12:00 AM

done :grin

E n J's Mom 06-13-2010 08:05 AM

Thanks so much for this useful suggestion! I have been using it on J, and although he hates it, diaper changes go much more quickly when I have two hands instead of using one to hold him while I change him with the other.

NCmom 06-28-2010 06:46 PM

I just saw this post and it makes me feel so much better. I've had to change my youngest like this since he could move. We still do it and he's almost 2.

SalH 06-28-2010 06:52 PM

I'd never heard of this hold till I found the thread on GCM a few months ago! Its great, don't need it most of the time with mine but occasionally I do and am grateful! Will spread the word where appropriate!

Chaos Coordinator 06-28-2010 08:54 PM

i'm so tryign this!! i'm sick of the wrestling i have to do at diaper change time! thankfully ds thinks its funny to be flipped and body slammed onto his bed - thats typically what i HAVE to do to get him to lay there. but i'm gonna try this next time seein as he's almost stronger than me!

i'm betting 10 newman Os that he'll bite my big toe. he loves to bite toes. idk what's up with that...

he is getting to where he prefers pull ups though....oy that reminds me....i need to go ask about pocket pull ups on the cd board....lol