Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   June Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=523001)

LilacPhoenix 07-02-2017 11:50 AM

Re: June Dinners

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6092916)
Do you have a recipe for the ground beef fajitas? That plate looks sooo good.
Save

It was super yummy! :-)

Regular ground beef (73/27) was on sale so that's what I got instead of the 85/15 I usually use for everything. I browned 2 lbs of meat, then drained off the fat, reserving some in a little bowl to do the veggies. Added the meat back to the pan, poured in about half a cup of water, some liquid smoke, and added two packets of generic fajita seasoning. Mixed it and simmered until the seasonings were evenly distributed and the water was evaporated. Took it out of the pan with a slotted spoon and put it in a big bowl.

I added some of the reserved fat into the pan, more liquid smoke, and sauteed 1 lb of frozen bell pepper strips + about 3/4 cup frozen chopped onions. When it was tender, I put it in the bowl with the ground beef and mixed it all together.

I topped my serving with some shredded Mexican blend cheese. After I took the pic, my eating companion realized we had forgotten the sour cream :jawdrop so I put mine on the side.

I bought a can of "refried black beans with lime" and topped them with the same cheese. I also put some of the mango salsa on my beans. They were so good!

Avocados were on sale for 69¢. The big green wedges on my plate are each 1/4 of an avocado :-)

bananacake 07-02-2017 12:35 PM

It's July, people!!!!

:giggle

Baby back ribs were cheap at Whole Foods and corn on the cob was 10 for $1 there as well. So that's for dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charla 07-02-2017 02:18 PM

Here's the July thread!

The Tickle Momster 07-04-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilacPhoenix (Post 6092941)
It was super yummy! :-)

Regular ground beef (73/27) was on sale so that's what I got instead of the 85/15 I usually use for everything. I browned 2 lbs of meat, then drained off the fat, reserving some in a little bowl to do the veggies. Added the meat back to the pan, poured in about half a cup of water, some liquid smoke, and added two packets of generic fajita seasoning. Mixed it and simmered until the seasonings were evenly distributed and the water was evaporated. Took it out of the pan with a slotted spoon and put it in a big bowl.

I added some of the reserved fat into the pan, more liquid smoke, and sauteed 1 lb of frozen bell pepper strips + about 3/4 cup frozen chopped onions. When it was tender, I put it in the bowl with the ground beef and mixed it all together.

I topped my serving with some shredded Mexican blend cheese. After I took the pic, my eating companion realized we had forgotten the sour cream :jawdrop so I put mine on the side.

I bought a can of "refried black beans with lime" and topped them with the same cheese. I also put some of the mango salsa on my beans. They were so good!

Avocados were on sale for 69¢. The big green wedges on my plate are each 1/4 of an avocado :-)

Trying to stretch meals. Could you serve this over rice? :think Would it be too much like tacos or burritos?

charla 07-04-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster (Post 6093271)
Trying to stretch meals. Could you serve this over rice? :think Would it be too much like tacos or burritos?

Oooh, I love that rice idea.
Save

Lady Grey 07-04-2017 03:29 PM

oops! Belongs on July thread.

LilacPhoenix 07-04-2017 07:59 PM

Yes, over rice or as burritos are both yummy ways to eat it :yum I'm doing reduced carbs, especially at supper, so the little bit of beans I ate was plenty of carbs for me!