Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=170524)

hey mommy 02-15-2007 09:19 AM

Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Yes, I have boxes of stuff that came from dh's grandpa. I don't know what to do w/it and dh doesn't want any of it. I still have no idea what to do w/anything.

Althoguh, I have finally cleaned out part of my garage(where all the stuff from our house are still packed and waiting for us to sell our house and buy a new one so they can come home w/us) and have a huge pile of stuff for either goodwill or a yard sale. Yay for me! Now if only I could get my apt. clean, since it's the one we actually live in now...sigh......

momaich 02-15-2007 10:04 AM

Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Quote:

Now if only I could get my apt. clean, since it's the one we actually live in now...sigh......
Yes, I have a tendency to overdue whatever extra chore I choose for the day and neglect things that NEED to be done. I don't balance very well. However, today it is not yet noon and I have dinner started and have run the vacuum somewhat (I spilled some powdered chocolate. :rolleyes) I still need to empty and fill the dishwasher and when my nephew wakes up, I intend to head for the third bedroom and organize a bit. The kids enjoy doing this with me as they find all kinds of treasures.

hey mommy 02-15-2007 10:12 AM

We don't even have a vacuum here. LOL.. We have one of those Shark sweepers, but it only does the top dirt. The old house is an hour away.

C is still sleeping, I'm ready to go to the gym and all I need is for him to wake up and get dressed so we can go. He can b-fast there...

Vipers_Princess 02-15-2007 10:20 AM

can I join? confirmed cluttered house here. :O With three kids we like to call Mischeif, Wrath and Madame` Protege, it's almost impossible to keep on top of things. I do really well when the kids are in school AFA keeping things 'basic' clean, ie CPS couldn't say a word clean, but it's still cluttered. We gave up our storage unit so alot of stuff that was in it is in our back hallway leading to the spare room, in the spare room, and in various corners and what not around the house waiting to be gone through. That was my project for this week. Then we got ten inches or so of snow and ice. School closed... .follow my lead? Yeah. SO now on top of the regular cleaning and the laundry and the decluttering, I have the messes the older two have made and instigated the baby to make over the last four days. Yippee... ugh

GotMyHeartFull 02-28-2007 04:31 AM

I am so behind again :blush :blush Digging myself out AGAIN this week little by little

herbalwriter 02-28-2007 10:53 AM

Look look look! I found a book that vindicates us!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Mess-D...e=UTF8&s=books

momaich 03-01-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Look look look! I found a book that vindicates us!!!!
:giggle

herbalwriter 03-02-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotMyHeartFull
I am so behind again :blush :blush Digging myself out AGAIN this week little by little

I hear you. :listen

I did clean my kitchen counters this week though! Made me late for work but oh well. :rolleyes

RealLifeMama 03-02-2007 08:18 PM

hang in there ladies, at least you are digging out.
I am in the process of just burying myself right now, and can't really do otherwise.

hey mommy 03-02-2007 08:41 PM

I took a picture of the garage of our old house(the one we are trying to sell). it's not good.. We are already completely moved into our apt. and still have all this stuff at the house. I did take 3 boxes to Goodwill after this pic. was taken though..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h_DSCN1301.jpg

But, my apt. is now a disaster.. :( I just need a better organization system for all our papers and mail, etc..

herbalwriter 03-02-2007 08:46 PM

Honey, that is not that bad...if I took a pic of my parents' garage it would curdle your blood. That is well-lit, with neatly stacked boxes. I would *love* for my basement to look that good!

hey mommy 03-02-2007 08:48 PM

Oh that's just what you can see of it. Behind those boxes is a huge mess of junk and un-boxed stuff laying around getting trampled. Trust me, there is a HUGE mess back there.. and it isn't really well lit, I lightened it on the computer. lol

herbalwriter 03-02-2007 08:50 PM

:giggle :giggle

Well, the front of your garage looks like what is supposed to be ds's room!!

Benjaminswife 03-03-2007 06:18 AM

UH!!! I was doing SO well and then we ended up in the hospital for a few days. I got out of my groove.

RealLifeMama 03-03-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjaminswife
UH!!! I was doing SO well and then we ended up in the hospital for a few days. I got out of my groove.

That is understandable! You will get back on track soon...babysteps!
(I am saying the same thing to myself, also)