Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=418)
-   -   A Letter to New, Co-sleeping Parents (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=126436)

SuperstarMama 03-11-2006 10:30 PM

Re: A Letter to New, Co-sleeping Parents

Loved this letter!!! I had a similar experiece when by little one was sick in the middle of the night. My husband and I were so thankful to have her right next to us!! Makes you think!!

iburnbrownies 10-24-2007 07:26 PM

Love your letter! Makes me feel good about our co-sleeping arrangements...our baby spends some time in her crib, but much of the night with us and our 4 year old still climbs in with us too -- only one child at a time as I am too worried about the 4 year old rolling on the 2 month old....you should peek in our window at 2 am and see the musical beds here....dh putting ds back in his bed, me getting the baby over our room to nurse.... :giggle still much more sleep than the other way though and I think so good and reassuring for the kids.

I love your point about how they outgrow it...dh is fond of telling others when they question that we let our kids climb into our bed "well I don't think he'll do it anymore when he is 15, so we will just enjoy it while it last..."

speaking of bed...off I go! ladies!

Teacher Mom 10-24-2007 08:25 PM

Kym, I had not ever seen this post. It is so true. So beautifully written. :yes

olivegod2 11-03-2007 12:18 AM

Thank you for this letter! It is a great reminder of how wonderful it is to have our dd there with us!

ladybug 04-07-2008 06:46 PM

loved this!!!!! :yes

devonmama 05-01-2008 03:35 AM

Thank you so much for your letter...it is so affirming of AP (when there is so much negativity surrounding it here) and encouraging! Thank you! :clap

SuperDudesMama 06-28-2008 08:20 AM

What a beautiful letter!

shehaights 11-16-2008 10:52 PM

It's so sad, when I was expecting all the Doctors did was continue to warn me against co-sleeping. I had it in my head I would not, because SIDS, but after our first couple nights of nursing through the night, we ended up falling asleep together, and this was a beautiful beginning. Dh pretends to be against it because our 15mo ds sometimes kicks him in the face. :lol But really we all love snuggling, it's a beautiful, sweet gift! It's my favorite part of Saturday mornings, waking up together! :heart

pastelsummer 11-16-2008 11:17 PM

ahhhh :melt :heart

loraparrot 12-03-2008 09:04 PM

I love this, it is exactly how I feel,

We've been sleeping with our kids now since my oldest was born, and we recently upgraded to a king bed to make it more comfortable! One of our best purchases.

mamacastleberry 07-23-2009 02:06 AM

What a beautiful post, Kym! Your words sweetly echo my own thoughts regarding co-sleeping. Our youngest child just turned four and is the only one who still manages to find her way into our bed almost every night and I still love it. I know too that these co-sleeping years are so very fast and fleeting and am trying to soak up every bit of the love and nurturing that I can while they still "ask" for it and want it! :lol

NewLeaf 07-23-2009 09:08 AM

I must be the only person whose exerience in cosleeping is very far from the dreamy world depicted here.:doh

Right now it's a nightmare, and my only consolation is that it probably wouldn't be any better even if I did put him to sleep somewhere else all alone.:)

Newmom 07-27-2009 02:32 PM

That is scary but very good information to know. My husband and I decided we are going to co-sleep but we have a waterbed. So we have to use a cosleeper bassinet next to the bed. Waterbeds I read are dangerous for babies. However we do plan on getting rid of our waterbed. I absolutely cannot stand it anyway. Especially being pregnant and trying to get out of it. I have to roll out. But then most other pregnant women say it doesn't matter if it is a waterbed you still got to roll out. lol

Anyway my husband and I are really worried about SIDs. My husband is so worried he went and bought that new device that attaches to their diaper and sounds an alarm when they stop breathing. We tested it on ourselves already. No alarm when placed on us but if placed on a table, it sounds off. Just another peace of mind tool I guess. But I think God is the ultimate peace of mind. A lot of prayer.

attachedtothree 07-27-2009 08:00 PM

I believe that co-sleeping saved my son when he was about 14 mos. old. The pilot light went out on our heater in the middle of record breaking cold. We all slept right through it until the early morning hours. I woke up freezing and my son was curled up between us. He was literally blue. It took a while to rouse him from his sleep. I have always wondered if he would have made it without our body heat to keep him warm. Thank God for His protection.

Laurel

Sarahb 08-22-2009 07:51 PM

That is fantastic! We've just started our journey. Not long ago were we saying "No way!" to co-sleeping. Out of necessity we did it and now we are both enjoying it. I am still a little afraid of rolling over on DD, though. I've heard it is impossible... Great letter, very emotional. I told DH about it!