Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   September Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526011)

charla 09-01-2018 08:46 AM

September Dinners

What are you having for your main meal each day? Please share and add a link, recipe or pic of you'd like.

I'm thinking Zuppa Toscana tonight or maybe a version of it. :think

BCSweetie 09-01-2018 10:38 AM

Re: September Dinners

I haven’t decided yet for tonight. I’ll be making and canning ketchup today though

knitlove 09-01-2018 01:33 PM

Tonight is squashed sandwiches. Because that is the only way that early bird will eat sandwiches.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2sunshines 09-01-2018 05:26 PM

Tonight we had shepherds pie with mixed veggies.

Earthmummy07 09-02-2018 01:49 PM

:cup

Tonight was slow cooker chicken with Slimming World fries and salad

knitlove 09-02-2018 03:57 PM

Tonight was squash ravioli that I made. I don't think I will be making fulled gf pasta again anytime soon.

charla 09-02-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitlove (Post 6154735)
Tonight was squash ravioli that I made. I don't think I will be making fulled gf pasta again anytime soon.

:hugheart I imagine that was quite labor intensive.

MamaNata 09-03-2018 08:17 AM

Haddock fillets is the main plan...Probably doing peas with them and some other veggies but I'm not totally decided on what yet.

charla 09-03-2018 11:00 AM

I'm hoping to make chiles rellenos tonight if I can find good pablano peppers at the grocery store today. I will serve them with rice and corn.

Earthmummy07 09-03-2018 11:36 AM

Sticky chicken stir fry with egg noodles :yum

https://s22.postimg.cc/ox6eu35jl/IMG..._175154737.jpg

knitlove 09-03-2018 03:56 PM

It is back to too hot to cook here so I don't even know how this week is going to go dinner wise.

Virginia 09-03-2018 06:44 PM

Chicken salad sandwiches with chips and salsa. Quick and easy.

charla 09-04-2018 06:55 PM

Grilled sausage, grilled yellow squash, grilled pineapple, slow cooker au gratin potatoes.

Virginia 09-04-2018 08:52 PM

We had pasta shells with red sauce (with peas mixed in, since KO isn't loving veggies right now), garlic bread, and salad.

I made double and took half to a new mom at church.

charla 09-05-2018 10:09 AM

Chicken breast parmesan, roasted potatoes, asparagus, some kind of salad

milkmommy 09-05-2018 11:05 AM

crock pot Chicken And dumplings tonight by request of DD1
Margaret cant have it (and wouldn't touch it either way) because I'm using Campbell's soup and refrigerated biscuits. SO she'll have GF chicken nuggets with peas and carrots and apple sauce.

Wednesdays are hard for DH he is now teaching till 6pm but then has a 7:30-10pm evening rehearsal to teach. So he literly has to eat and run. I NEED to have a meal waiting and ready. SO crock/instant pot to the rescue.

2sunshines 09-05-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitlove (Post 6154816)
It is back to too hot to cook here so I don't even know how this week is going to go dinner wise.

The hot season is when I rely most heavily on my Instant Pot and BBQ. Tho usually just my IP because quite frankly when it's crazy hot I don't feel like standing outside tending the bbq. :shifty

I've also used my toaster oven to do smaller things like roast veggies, and place the whole thing outside to prevent it from heating up the house.

Of course there are always the good old good meal standby's... We just get tired of doing them too much in the summer... So these options provide some good variety.

charla 09-05-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmommy (Post 6155048)
crock pot Chicken And dumplings tonight by request of DD1
Margaret cant have it (and wouldn't touch it either way) because I'm using Campbell's soup and refrigerated biscuits. SO she'll have GF chicken nuggets with peas and carrots and apple sauce.

Wednesdays are hard for DH he is now teaching till 6pm but then has a 7:30-10pm evening rehearsal to teach. So he literly has to eat and run. I NEED to have a meal waiting and ready. SO crock/instant pot to the rescue.

I've been relying on my slow cooker twice a week, too, because dd has dance over supper time and when we get home, we are hungry!

milkmommy 09-05-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6155071)
I've been relying on my slow cooker twice a week, too, because dd has dance over supper time and when we get home, we are hungry!

Yes ballet Monday and Tuesday.. Instant pot Mondays as we try to eat before rehearsal at 6 and dh also teaches that evening till 7:30.. Tuesday's rehearsal at 4pm dh works till 5:30 but I'm just done thankfully Cecilia is old enough i can put her in charge of Tuesday's dinners.

2sunshines 09-05-2018 03:47 PM

Simple sauteed chicken and veggies dinner tonight. With cut up fresh fruit on the side.

knitlove 09-05-2018 04:43 PM

Chicken breast and roasted veggies.

Yes it got my house stupid hot but it is the most reliable way to get the kids to eat vegies and they were starting to go bad

charla 09-06-2018 10:28 AM

Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef, Slow Cooker Rice, Broccoli

milkmommy 09-06-2018 06:43 PM

Roasted chicken thighs with bok choy and sweet potatoes.

knitlove 09-07-2018 04:13 PM

We are visiting friends so I didn't cook but we had amazing chicken curryhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b1648a47dd.jpg

2sunshines 09-07-2018 04:22 PM

We love chicken curry! I need to add it to the menu this coming week....

Tonight we did roasted smothered chicken breast (roasted with heirloom tomatoes and topped with cheese) and zucchini pizza (slices of zuke as the crust)

milkmommy 09-07-2018 06:30 PM

Sams club crunchy Fish sticks (Ians brand for M)
kroger green beans from frozen
Kroger brand Mac N cheese (instant rice for M)
Mots unsweetened apple sauce cups
We are super fancy tonight :giggle :shifty

knitlove 09-08-2018 07:39 PM

Still with friends. Tonight we had the local specialty of 'chicken speidie' with corn on the cob and pasta salad.

charla 09-08-2018 08:01 PM

Last night was mediterranean pasta and greek salad. Tonight and tomorrow will be vegetable beef soup.

Virginia 09-08-2018 08:32 PM

We had chicken quesadillas and salad tonight.

MamaNata 09-09-2018 05:45 AM

My eldest daughter is making Greek salad and salmon tonight. I'm planning to let the kids take over with the Cooking a bit more at the moment.

charla 09-11-2018 09:38 AM

Last night was gluten free Fettuccine with Sausage and Kale and an Olive Garden inspired tossed salad. Oh my that pasta recipe is so yummy.

Tonight is slow cooker chicken tacos, slow cooker Mexican rice, refried beans, tomato and lettuce salad with homemade ranch, and dolled up store-bought guacamole.

milkmommy 09-11-2018 09:56 AM

made a roast last night in the slow cooker... Which turned out to be pointless when DH came home sick... Margaret was also under the weather neither felt like eatting...

He is back at work today and Margaret seems better so we will see plans are for personal pizzas and salad. Tuesdays were all home by about 6:00-6:30 but I have little time before that to plan for dinner. Cecilia is learning and will help but its still easier to have some fast meals planned.

Lady Grey 09-11-2018 10:26 AM

We have three different leftover dinners to finish. I'll get some brown rice going in the IP to go with them.

charla 09-12-2018 01:32 PM

Orange Salmon and Green Onions, roasted potatoes, asparagus, maybe a salad of some sort, most likely kale.

ViolaMum 09-14-2018 05:07 PM

Fishy Friday - Salmon Burgers, roasted potatoes, kale chips, mixed veggies, tomatoes and cukes from the garden.

2sunshines 09-14-2018 06:17 PM

We did simple, homemade pizza with roasted veggies. :heart

charla 09-14-2018 07:33 PM

GF chicken tenders with homemade buffalo sauce, cauliflower rice, roasted zucchini, wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.

Singingmom 09-15-2018 08:04 AM

I deliberately used up most of the food that needs refrigeration, knowing that Florence was on the way. She's moving so slowly though, that we still have power and I don't want to use up the canned soup in case we do lose power. So last night my dh picked up frozen pizzas (Food Lion was crowded with people who had a similar idea). I don't have anything planned for tonight! We might be making another grocery run for something simple...breakfast for dinner?

charla 09-15-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singingmom (Post 6156146)
I deliberately used up most of the food that needs refrigeration, knowing that Florence was on the way. She's moving so slowly though, that we still have power and I don't want to use up the canned soup in case we do lose power. So last night my dh picked up frozen pizzas (Food Lion was crowded with people who had a similar idea). I don't have anything planned for tonight! We might be making another grocery run for something simple...breakfast for dinner?

Oh ugh, that's got to be hard to plan for. :hugheart

2sunshines 09-16-2018 04:26 PM

Yikes! How challenging to add the incoming storm to your meal planning! Sounds like you've thought it through well!

I only had two little children and myself home for dinner tonight (two big kids and husband all gone in 3 different directions!). So we went simple. Nachos with spinach salad.