Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   September Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526011)

charla 09-11-2018 09:38 AM

Re: September Dinners

Last night was gluten free Fettuccine with Sausage and Kale and an Olive Garden inspired tossed salad. Oh my that pasta recipe is so yummy.

Tonight is slow cooker chicken tacos, slow cooker Mexican rice, refried beans, tomato and lettuce salad with homemade ranch, and dolled up store-bought guacamole.

milkmommy 09-11-2018 09:56 AM

made a roast last night in the slow cooker... Which turned out to be pointless when DH came home sick... Margaret was also under the weather neither felt like eatting...

He is back at work today and Margaret seems better so we will see plans are for personal pizzas and salad. Tuesdays were all home by about 6:00-6:30 but I have little time before that to plan for dinner. Cecilia is learning and will help but its still easier to have some fast meals planned.

Lady Grey 09-11-2018 10:26 AM

We have three different leftover dinners to finish. I'll get some brown rice going in the IP to go with them.

charla 09-12-2018 01:32 PM

Orange Salmon and Green Onions, roasted potatoes, asparagus, maybe a salad of some sort, most likely kale.

ViolaMum 09-14-2018 05:07 PM

Fishy Friday - Salmon Burgers, roasted potatoes, kale chips, mixed veggies, tomatoes and cukes from the garden.

2sunshines 09-14-2018 06:17 PM

We did simple, homemade pizza with roasted veggies. :heart

charla 09-14-2018 07:33 PM

GF chicken tenders with homemade buffalo sauce, cauliflower rice, roasted zucchini, wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.

Singingmom 09-15-2018 08:04 AM

I deliberately used up most of the food that needs refrigeration, knowing that Florence was on the way. She's moving so slowly though, that we still have power and I don't want to use up the canned soup in case we do lose power. So last night my dh picked up frozen pizzas (Food Lion was crowded with people who had a similar idea). I don't have anything planned for tonight! We might be making another grocery run for something simple...breakfast for dinner?

charla 09-15-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singingmom (Post 6156146)
I deliberately used up most of the food that needs refrigeration, knowing that Florence was on the way. She's moving so slowly though, that we still have power and I don't want to use up the canned soup in case we do lose power. So last night my dh picked up frozen pizzas (Food Lion was crowded with people who had a similar idea). I don't have anything planned for tonight! We might be making another grocery run for something simple...breakfast for dinner?

Oh ugh, that's got to be hard to plan for. :hugheart

2sunshines 09-16-2018 04:26 PM

Yikes! How challenging to add the incoming storm to your meal planning! Sounds like you've thought it through well!

I only had two little children and myself home for dinner tonight (two big kids and husband all gone in 3 different directions!). So we went simple. Nachos with spinach salad.

charla 09-16-2018 05:16 PM

Tonight is various leftovers with a pot of rice.

charla 09-17-2018 09:47 PM

Chiles rellenos, rice, corn

Laurlor 09-18-2018 07:19 AM

We're doing a pizza bar, and grilling the pizzas on the grill tonight with a salad on the side.

Last night we had Stuffed Chicken Rollatini and baked zucchini sticks.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6155676)
Last night was gluten free Fettuccine with Sausage and Kale and an Olive Garden inspired tossed salad. Oh my that pasta recipe is so yummy.

Charla, that looks SOOO good. If only DH weren't on WW! I saved it for the future :).

charla 09-18-2018 08:55 AM

Slow cooker bolognese sauce over gf spaghetti, green beans, and a salad.

2sunshines 09-18-2018 05:48 PM

My 9 year old, who is my most health conscious child, is getting a sore throat so asked me to make bone broth. :rockon I always just turn it in to a soup (and store the rest in mason jars to use either as future soup or as an ingredient in food) but apparently my kids informed me that they actually prefer just drinking it alone. Which is just as fine for me.

So we did leftovers (tacos, cheesy rice and salad) with a mug of bone broth on the side. :heart