Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Animal Companions (Pets) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=433)
-   -   Mystery of the mama cat-solved (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=523240)

Beauty4Ashes 07-05-2017 08:04 AM

Mystery of the mama cat-solved

A couple of years ago, we were adopted by a pregnant mother cat who we named Ginger. I was talking to a neighbor last night. He asked if I knew when she was born. I said no, she just showed up in our backyard one afternoon. He said that it is likely that she is one of a feral cat colony that lives on the cliffs by his house. He has one of the cats named Tigger. Ginger may be related to his cat. It's dumb to be getting excited about this, but I guess I feel better knowing that Ginger wasn't abandoned. She was so skinny when she came to us. Poor girl has bad fleas and frontline isn't making a dent in killing them.

Elibellamiah 07-05-2017 10:51 AM

Re: Mystery of the mama cat-solved

We had a pregnant cat show up 5 years ago. We didn't keep her but we did keep 2 of her kittens, and my mom kept 3. She was so friendly I assumed she had been someone's pet at one point. There was another cat with her that wouldn't get close enough for us to touch so I assumed it was feral. I tried to catch it and it ran away and never came back. We do live near some woods, I wonder if there is a feral colony out there. There were two other feral cats that used to come by in the past, one would fight with my cats and other was friendly with them. The nice one was hit by a car and the other I haven't seen in a long time.

Beauty4Ashes 07-05-2017 05:59 PM

It took so much effort to gain her trust, but mostly she hangs out in our yard. But she knows to come to me if dh is cleaning fish or I am cutting meat. Sweet mama.

DolphinMemae 07-05-2017 06:08 PM

We inherited our cat when our daughter went to college. She had gotten it as a Christmas gift the previous Christmas; but my sister adopted a cat that just showed up at her house, and the two cats could have been twins. Same age, identical markings, same temperament, same quirky mannerisms.

Beauty4Ashes 07-05-2017 08:09 PM

That sounds like Messy and Nick. Both are smoky gray, but Messy has a white patch on her front. When they were newborn kittens, I could not tell them apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk