Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Kitchen sink cleaning (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=522390)

Aerynne 03-30-2017 03:54 PM

Re: Kitchen sink cleaning

I scrub with dish soap and the scrubby sponge I use for dishes. I don't see why that should be a problem!

ECingMama 03-30-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerynne (Post 6076287)
I scrub with dish soap and the scrubby sponge I use for dishes. I don't see why that should be a problem!

how often do you wash your sponge? Mine goes in weekly. I use wash cloths more though. And only for one set of dishes, usually.

Aerynne 03-31-2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECingMama (Post 6076288)
how often do you wash your sponge? Mine goes in weekly. I use wash cloths more though. And only for one set of dishes, usually.

When it stinks. I also microwave it after using it when I think of it. That kills germs. That doesn't happen too often, though.

ViolaMum 03-31-2017 07:46 AM

I have an undermount sink. I make sure to scrub the edge of the counter that overhangs the sink once or twice a week with soapy steel wool. It's a great place for bacteria and gunk to hide. Otherwise, I just wipe out the sink itself with a soapy sponge.

I run my dishwasher at LEAST twice a day, three times if I'm going to keep up with ALL the dishes, and there's STILL stuff to hand wash. (There are always dishes in my sink!) EC, how do you get away with doing that only once a week? Or better yet, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!?????

ECingMama 03-31-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViolaMum (Post 6076393)
I have an undermount sink. I make sure to scrub the edge of the counter that overhangs the sink once or twice a week with soapy steel wool. It's a great place for bacteria and gunk to hide. Otherwise, I just wipe out the sink itself with a soapy sponge.

I run my dishwasher at LEAST twice a day, three times if I'm going to keep up with ALL the dishes, and there's STILL stuff to hand wash. (There are always dishes in my sink!) EC, how do you get away with doing that only once a week? Or better yet, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!?????

Plain and simple, I'm sure I'm lying. I don't want to hand wash, so I don't acknowledge that I do it as often as I do. :lol

My husband helps in the kitchen too. He was gone for 5 weeks, and I kept on making real food. I really missed my kitchen helper!

Cbwfelty 03-31-2017 08:35 PM

I love using Norwex for the kitchen and bathroom. If you have a porcelain sink their blue cleaner is really good!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ViolaMum 04-02-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECingMama (Post 6076499)
Plain and simple, I'm sure I'm lying. I don't want to hand wash, so I don't acknowledge that I do it as often as I do. :lol

My husband helps in the kitchen too. He was gone for 5 weeks, and I kept on making real food. I really missed my kitchen helper!

Thanks!

My dad likes to joke that my mom would have a dishwasher if she could only get him off the couch. :giggle The irony is that he actually does a lot of dishes. Now MY hubs on the other hand . . . . . . . . . . .