Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   easy to clean diffuser? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526519)

esperanza 01-09-2019 08:26 PM

easy to clean diffuser?

Anyone have a diffuser that they love that is easy to clean? Does that exist? We have one by Now, and I find it hard to really get clean. Granted, I'm not good about cleaning it right after using it since I almost always use it at night when we go to bed. It just is so gross inside, and I can't really get it clean. Is there a better option or are they all like this? I feel like it has a funky smell now too.

Soliloquy 01-09-2019 08:36 PM

Re: easy to clean diffuser?

Mineral build up? I use distilled water so I don't get build up. I never have to clean mine. When I used tap water they got all gunked up and eventually stopped working. I bought a $15 one at Walmart and have only used distilled water. No issues.

esperanza 01-09-2019 08:38 PM

I don't think it's mineral buildup, though it could be. It's brown/black, I assume mold. Dh has distilled water for his cpap- I could try using that. I assume it was from standing water in the diffuser.

Virginia 01-09-2019 09:09 PM

I have and LOVE the Young Living desert mist diffuser. So easy to clean! Literally just use a cotton swap with alcohol and wipe it out.

https://www.youngliving.com/blog/how...your-diffuser/

I never leave standing water in it though, and we use distilled water, so no mold or buildup issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esperanza 01-09-2019 09:25 PM

Thanks! That one looks nice! The one I have has too many parts that I can't clean, like there is no way to get a cloth or qtip to those places. I always run it until it is empty, but I think there must be a little water left. They all say to clean after every use, which I definitely dont do. I need something that is not so complicated to clean! I submerge the tank, but it needs some friction to get it clean!

We do have hard water. I never thought about distilled water. I am going to start using that! Good thought.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Virginia 01-09-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esperanza (Post 6167680)
Thanks! That one looks nice! The one I have has too many parts that I can't clean, like there is no way to get a cloth or qtip to those places. I always run it until it is empty, but I think there must be a little water left. They all say to clean after every use, which I definitely dont do. I need something that is not so complicated to clean! I submerge the tank, but it needs some friction to get it clean!

We do have hard water. I never thought about distilled water. I am going to start using that! Good thought.

I’ve had three diffusers. This one (the desert one) is my favorite. I’ve had it for two years and it works like a charm and doubles as a nightlight. This is a link to the actual diffuser. The other link was just to cleaning instructions :)

https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/pr...-mist-diffuser

RealLifeMama 01-09-2019 10:25 PM

I don't have a Desert Mist, but I do have two other Young Living diffusers. Older models. I am going on three years. One uses distilled water, but the other is supposed to use tap water. They are easy to clean. I just wipe them out if I have left them a few days.

esperanza 01-10-2019 05:19 AM

Sounds like this one is the way to go! A night light is awesome too! Thanks!!

RealLifeMama 01-10-2019 09:04 AM

There is also a really gorgeous one that looks like a lantern.
https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/pr...ntern-diffuser
It is the same diffuser, just in a lantern design, but it is supposed to be the same as the Desert Mist. I don't have either, so I don't know.
I want one so much. They had a charcoal grey one, too, but I can't seem to find that one.

Soliloquy 01-10-2019 07:19 PM

Even ones that say to use tap water can use distilled water.

I use distilled water in my steam mop, too, and it works great with no build-up. After I had a steam mop that died due to mineral build-up, I decided I'd only use distilled.

I think they recommend tap water because they know they'll wear out sooner than with distilled. :shifty

Llee 01-10-2019 08:05 PM

I have the Aromafuse diffuser from Plant Therapy. Easy to setup and use. It has option for being a night like. I like the timer. I usually feel it as much as I can with the water and set it for 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off. That will keep it going for a good 18 plus hours.

Plant therapy also has free shipping and returns. You can order directly from their website or through Amazon.

esperanza 01-10-2019 08:12 PM

Awesome, we love plant therapy oils! I will check that one out too. Perfect!

RealLifeMama 01-11-2019 09:14 AM

Y'all! Young Living has a sale right now that you can get 10% off a starter kit with that Desert Mist diffuser in it. That is a great deal. It is open to new AND current members!
I don't have a YL business, but I am trying to help my DD build one, so I am offering some incentives over and above YL's 10 percent. PM me if you want more details and are not a member yet.

Virginia 01-11-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLifeMama (Post 6167776)
Y'all! Young Living has a sale right now that you can get 10% off a starter kit with that Desert Mist diffuser in it. That is a great deal. It is open to new AND current members!
I don't have a YL business, but I am trying to help my DD build one, so I am offering some incentives over and above YL's 10 percent. PM me if you want more details and are not a member yet.

That is a good deal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk