Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   So, how's the weather out there? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=522329)

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 07:56 AM

So, how's the weather out there?

Currently, it is sleeting but it snowed through the night. The wind has blown a 2-3 foot drift just off our front porch. On the back porch, the snow is almost waist deep on my little man (right now it's butt deep:giggle). Some are saying we'll have 30 inches before it's over. All the schools are closed. I hear NYC schools are closed for tomorrow as well as today.

It's not even fit to go out & play in right now though my little guy is dying to get out there. Woke up asking for his boots because "I want to be ready!".

So, how is it where you are - & yes even you folks who'd like to rub it in that it's in the 80's or something....some of us can live vicariously.

The Tickle Momster 03-14-2017 08:16 AM

Re: So, how's the weather out there?

It's windy here today. Been the rainiest 2 months in a longntime. Only a few hours of sun in the last 3-4 months. Something as crazy as 30-60 hours.

mamacat 03-14-2017 08:39 AM

No blizzards here in N FL but some very high winds and rain in the night and will freeze tonight and 20s tomorrow night

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster (Post 6073175)
It's windy here today. Been the rainiest 2 months in a longntime. Only a few hours of sun in the last 3-4 months. Something as crazy as 30-60 hours.

Yikes. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I love sunshiny days. I like nice rainy days too but there is such thing as too much.

Singingmom 03-14-2017 08:50 AM

We've had a few weeks of spring-like weather interrupted by 2 inches of snow yesterday morning. :) Today it's sunny and about 50 degrees. Hope you stay snug and safe in all that snow!

RiverRock 03-14-2017 09:07 AM

It's warming up where I live on the Canadian side of the PNW. My city had an unusual amount of snow in February. Rain, rain, and more rain is in the forecast for today. I still wear gloves outside, but I don't need to cover my ears anymore.

mamaKristin 03-14-2017 09:20 AM

We just had a really bitter cold snap, where temps hovered around -25C/-13F for 10-ish days. Yesterday, it went from -25C/-13F in the morning to 9C/48F in a couple hours. It's currently 10am, and just sitting close to freezing, with more warmth to come. There is lots of slush and snow out there, which means the roads are really really dirty and wet. Time to make sure I have an extra bottle of washer fluid in my van.

The Tickle Momster 03-14-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerberadaisy (Post 6073179)
Yikes. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I love sunshiny days. I like nice rainy days too but there is such thing as too much.

Yeah, I don't mind the bad weather, but a nice sunny day would go a long way right now. :) We've had a wild weather winter overall. I think I see some blue sky to the west. :woohoo

knitlove 03-14-2017 09:38 AM

We have had snow most of the morning but the wind has yet to pick up enough to warrant​ the blizzard warning.

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitlove (Post 6073200)
We have had snow most of the morning but the wind has yet to pick up enough to warrant the blizzard warning.

It was blowing really bad here. I wouldn't allow my little guy to go out until it stopped. We have a 3-4 ft drift outside our garage door yet we didn't quite get that many feet of snow yet.

Pragmatist 03-14-2017 11:31 AM

Sunny and 70 in Colorado. We've had a very mild winter with hardly any snow. We need moisture soon, though, or it will be a bad year for fires.

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmatist (Post 6073214)
Sunny and 70 in Colorado. We've had a very mild winter with hardly any snow. We need moisture soon, though, or it will be a bad year for fires.

Hope you get something soon then.

Beth1231 03-14-2017 11:40 AM

My parents in PA keep sending me pics of their driveway. Can't even see their cars anymore.
It's sunny and 50 in TX and I keep breaking into fits of giggles thinking about Texans getting two ft of snow. Mass panic. The state would shut down.

WanderingJuniper 03-14-2017 12:11 PM

We have about a foot of snow and still snowing. There was some sleet mixed in so it's a very heavy wet snow.

tazmom 03-14-2017 12:26 PM

It's unseasonably warm here, mid-90s and still rising. It's about 20 degrees hotter than it should be this time of year. I'm working outdoors 12+ hours a day for 3 days this weekend. I hope I can stay hydrated enough.

Aerynne 03-14-2017 12:36 PM

60s and sunny here in the intermountain west. I :heart it!

MamaRachel 03-14-2017 12:48 PM

Lots of snow here. It's starting to come down harder and the wind is starting to blow more. Schools are closed and my husband got sent home from work and told not to come in until at least 9 am tomorrow.

BelovedDaughter 03-14-2017 01:47 PM

30 degrees F with snow showers. It hasn't accumulated though. Our weather has been so wacky!

rdsmommy 03-14-2017 02:28 PM

People put on their winter coats here in South Texas for our wintery 60 degree weather yesterday :) Seriously though we have already gotten up to the upper 80s and its not even spring yet.

HuggaBuggaMommy 03-14-2017 02:30 PM

Still showing... We have about 12+ inches right now.

Soliloquy 03-14-2017 03:05 PM

We've had record setting snow this winter. It's been in the 40s and 50s for days and it's still past my knees.

Today is damp, misty, and foggy. I have to run an errand and I don't want to.

ChristmasGirl 03-14-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmatist (Post 6073214)

:yes I think this is the first March I can remember that we will probably not have any measurable snow this month (at least if the futurecast is correct ;)), and it usually is out snowiest month! Loving this weather, but we've had some bad bad fires in years past and it would be nice to get some rain/moisture to help prevent that!

charla 03-14-2017 05:02 PM

We had been having unseasonably warm weather (60's, 70's, even 80's), then several fires in my state and surrounding states because it was so dry and windy, then it turned cold again over the weekend with wind chills below freezing. Brr. Today it is sunny and in the 50's. We could use some rain though. :pray4
Save

The Tickle Momster 03-14-2017 05:17 PM

I had no idea it was so warm today, when I posted this morning. 60* :o

We have had lots of snowy days but little to no accumulation. :sigh

gerberadaisy 03-14-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggaBuggaMommy (Post 6073252)
Still showing... We have about 12+ inches right now.

My husband says we have over a foot of snow but not quite 2 feet. He had to snow blow our drive twice though but that could be because of drifting rather than actual accumulation. It was still snowing about an hour or so ago but not hard. They built an igloo alongside the house & it's almost as tall as me. Most of it was built from drift but hubs did pile some on.

knitlove 03-14-2017 06:04 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6ad14106ac.jpg

I took this at 3 and if anything the snow has gotten heaver. They neaver managed to get out street plowed at all today.

Maleldil's daughter 03-14-2017 09:54 PM

It was in the 80s here today. :shrug3 I packed up the winter coats and bedding. I can't quite wrap my mind around snow. I would send you all some sunshine if I could!

knitlove 03-15-2017 03:52 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...728679ceea.jpg

More snow expected today.

Singingmom 03-15-2017 05:56 AM

Oh my! Is that two feet?

greengirl19 03-15-2017 06:02 AM

It's rough here in south Georgia :giggle After virtually no winter, 70 degrees and sunny for months, it's been 50-60 and rainy for several days. Today the high is low 50 with a cold wind. We've cancelled our park trip and are staying bundled inside with a brief outing to cover the garden because it's supposed to freeze tonight!

ServingGrace 03-16-2017 03:35 AM

*note to self move too south*
It has been below freezing since forever, with an exception of one week in Feburary. I thought that was spring, I am sadly disappointed. It is still snowy outside and is supposed to snow this weekend again. I don't mind winter weather; I do mind only two seasons springish for a few months then winter the rest of the year.

Atsirk 03-16-2017 04:10 AM

You guys! It's cold here for south GA. I mean I'm not used to this. It's 28 degrees right now and I'm freezing. I don't have a heavy jacket. All I have is a sweatshirt and I have to go to work today. I would really like to stay inside under my blanket all day. Brrrr I'm so ready for our normal 80 degree spring weather!!!

Singingmom 03-16-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atsirk (Post 6073543)
You guys! It's cold here for south GA. I mean I'm not used to this. It's 28 degrees right now and I'm freezing. I don't have a heavy jacket. All I have is a sweatshirt and I have to go to work today. I would really like to stay inside under my blanket all day. Brrrr I'm so ready for our normal 80 degree spring weather!!!

Layer up! Put on all the clothes. Wish I could send some sun your way.

milkmommy 03-16-2017 10:46 AM

mid 70s right now in the mid 90s by the afternoons.. Its only going to get hotter from now until October... (at least)

gerberadaisy 03-16-2017 03:06 PM

We're due for MORE snow tomorrow. So, our count is 18-24" on Tuesday, 2" yesterday, & possibly a dusting to an inch tomorrow.

The Tickle Momster 03-16-2017 06:06 PM

Mostly sunny today with a lot of wind. In the 50s.

Redeemed 03-20-2017 03:34 PM

It's 91 here today. So much for spring, we skipped ahead to summer. HA!

The Tickle Momster 03-20-2017 06:58 PM

I didn't freeze at baseball practice today! :cheer

mommychem 03-20-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 6074375)
It's 91 here today. So much for spring, we skipped ahead to summer. HA!

This. High of 83 in south Louisiana. :sun

knitlove 03-21-2017 07:21 AM

We are getting more snow today, I am tired of snow. I was spring and Bluebonnets.