Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   PMS (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=523437)

serenityvee 07-31-2017 08:54 AM

PMS

Hi ladies,

I posted here a few months ago about recurring anxiety and depression with every period I have and the herbal route I decided on has not helped after 4 months.

I am quite bad and get suicidal thoughts popping into my head and intense anxiety, feelings of hopelessness. I am already on strong anti depressant medication which also is not helping during the week that these episodes last.

I am wondering if going back on the pill would help me and whether anyone has had any success using the pill for pms.

Reva 07-31-2017 01:14 PM

Re: PMS

My dd has had excellent results with the pill. She's also on Zoloft. She has anxiety/depression/PMDD and her quality of life is so much better now since taking the two. She's had to switch her bc around a few times to find the right one, but she finally found the right combo.

:hug2 :pray4 I'm praying you find something to help.

HadassahSukkot 07-31-2017 04:37 PM

have you been evaluated for PMDD?

I did find going on the pill helped me tremendously with my anxiety. (note: I'm also on anti anxiety meds)

serenityvee 07-31-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reva (Post 6098101)
My dd has had excellent results with the pill. She's also on Zoloft. She has anxiety/depression/PMDD and her quality of life is so much better now since taking the two. She's had to switch her bc around a few times to find the right one, but she finally found the right combo.

:hug2 :pray4 I'm praying you find something to help.

Thank you for your kind words. My mood stabilizer and ad's are not working so I think I need to try a different ad. I will look into zoloft.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Yes my gp and psychiatrist believe I have PMDD based on my mood monitoring. I'm on Prozac for anti anxiety but it's not helping. Can I ask which anxiety meds your on please?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by HadassahSukkot (Post 6098156)
have you been evaluated for PMDD?

I did find going on the pill helped me tremendously with my anxiety. (note: I'm also on anti anxiety meds)

Yes my gp and psychiatrist believe I have PMDD based on my mood monitoring. I'm on Prozac for anti anxiety but it's not helping. Can I ask which anxiety meds your on please?

HadassahSukkot 08-02-2017 03:11 PM

I'm taking escitalopram (brand names are Lexapro and Cipralex in the US) - I'm at 15mg and that is the highest that my old doctor wanted me at. There are days I feel like it touches nothing and days where I know if I didn't have it, I wouldn't make it. It just gets me over the hump most the time with my panic disorder. The depression is better but still there. I have other health issues that may be causing it not to take up like it should in my gut, so as we get around to those things, we will get around to looking and seeing if that is affected.

It's been 3 years that I've been on my meds now.

serenityvee 08-04-2017 08:00 AM

Hi Hadassah,

Thank you for sharing your meds journey with me.

I too have gut problems with a leaky gut and I've been on the GAPS diet for a year to help improve it. I find home made bone broth to be doing some good as I no longer have IBS.

Can you remind me how the gut problems stop us getting the benefit of our psyc meds?