Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Amazon.com? Refund without return? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=527002)

twoplustwo 04-17-2019 03:23 AM

Amazon.com? Refund without return?

I went to return something on amazon.com and it refunded the money and said no need to return this item.

Is that common. It's really nice. Because returning something is always a pain. It's a $15 item so I guessing it's not even cost effective to return it for them.

But easily solved. And there was nothing wrong with it. I just changed my mind / it didn't work out.

:rockon

WanderingJuniper 04-17-2019 03:32 AM

Re: Amazon.com? Refund without return?

We’ve had this happen a few times. We’ve ended up with a few children’s books, a water bottle and a few other car related items that way.

Aerynne 04-17-2019 05:01 AM

That happens to me sometimes. It’s nice.

mamacat 04-17-2019 06:49 AM

Not always.We have had that happen too. My dd has an item right now that has to be returned and the place where they want her to put it in a locker is in a building downtown with no parking so someone is going to have to drop her off and circle. The only other option would be UPS pickup at our house the way they used to but now charge a hefty fee to do. Maybe depends on the reason why returning (wrong color ordered in this case) or dollar amount of item?

rdsmommy 04-17-2019 07:12 AM

This has happened to me a few times. I think it is based on the price of the item.

MaySunflowers 04-17-2019 10:12 AM

Yep, recently we got confused with a digital purchase ... Amazon had no idea and refunded the money. Then we later figured it out and still had the product.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mother of Sons 04-17-2019 10:16 AM

Once they refunded my money, let me keep the item AND replaced it for free with overnight shipping.

marbles 04-17-2019 04:09 PM

Yep, it's pretty common. I've also had things not show up and they just sent another one, no questions asked.

Sparrow 04-18-2019 04:01 PM

I Had that happen once. I ordered nesting dolls in November and by March they had not come! I emailed them and they refunded my money and three weeks later the nesting dolls showed up. I told them that the nesting dolls had come and asked if I should send them back and they told me to keep them

MegMarch 04-18-2019 04:31 PM

I've experienced this as well. And recently I had a book damaged during shipment, but not ruined. I did a live chat asking for a partial refund because it wasn't worth returning for and they gave me back 15% of the purchase price.

ThreeKids 04-21-2019 10:18 AM

Yeah, I've seen it left up to the vendor, which is a nice, flexible system I wouldn't expect from such a large company.

Elibellamiah 04-21-2019 12:47 PM

We had that happen with some hair gel my husband ordered. They sent the wrong one, told us to keep it and refunded us. I reordered it, and meanwhile they sent another one for free. Both were wrong. I tried telling them it had the wrong label or something but I couldn't figure out any way to talk to an actual person. I felt really bad getting three free hair gels. I think my husband ended up finding a store that let him trade it.

Soliloquy 04-21-2019 11:15 PM

Yes, it's happened to me a few times. I truly didn't want the items so they went to Goodwill.

Amazon doesn't re-stock returns. They get sold in bulk lots.

The other nice things about Amazon returns is I get my refund as soon as the return label gets scanned. I don't have to wait until they receive it. I love their customer service.

milkmommy 04-22-2019 02:55 AM

Ive always been refunded and Ive never had to return an item. (as in they say don't return it). While nothing been very expensive nor have I had a million returns Ive been pretty surprised buy some things I've been told to keep.