PDA

View Full Version : Irish Cream Coffee Syrup (non-alcoholic)

Soliloquy
02-05-2022, 12:26 PM
I was addicted to Starbucks Irish Cream Nitro Cold Brew and it was getting expensive. Plus, I like hot drinks in winter. I looked at several recipes for homemade Irish cream syrup and tried this one. It's DELICIOUS. A fraction of the cost of buying bottles of flavored syrup and no preservatives.

I changed the recipe a tad. I boil the water and sugar, add the cocoa powder, and boil again. Then I let the syrup cool a tad before adding the extracts. Boiling the extracts goes against everything I know about cooking with extracts. :shrug I don't add the sweetened condensed milk as I make lattes.

https://acupeveryday.com/irish-cream-flavored-syrup/#recipe

If you want it to taste like an Irish Cream latte at a coffee shop, add about 1.5 ounces of syrup to a large (16-20 ounce) latte. I always order my lattes with 1/2 the usual sweetener so I use about 3/4 of an ounce of this syrup to make myself a 20 ounce latte. I have a 1 ounce shot glass that I use to measure syrup.

ETA a dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder on top is perfection.

2sunshines
02-05-2022, 06:08 PM
Looks great! Thank you for sharing. My daughter loves the added syrups to her coffee so I'll get her to make this. :heart

ViolaMum
02-05-2022, 06:20 PM
I made some this afternoon, then had my resident Starbuck's barista make me a latte when she got home from work. Yum!

Just curious - why do you boil the syrup twice? (Instead of adding the cocoa powder to the sugar and water in the beginning. I don't add extracts on the heat either, but just curious about the cocoa.)

Soliloquy
02-06-2022, 02:45 PM
I have no idea. I just made a double batch but next time I won't boil it again.