PDA

View Full Version : Long lasting bruise

AngelaVA
09-02-2015, 06:29 AM
My child hurt her nose in early May (she walked face first into a fence post) There was no bleeding or swelling so we did not get any medical attention. Later I noticed a bruise across the bridge of her nose. It is very faint but still there 4 months later. No pain or other issues. Any other bruise she's had has healed within a week or two. She has very fair sensitive skin. It will heal eventually right? I can't imagine anything else that can be done for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom23sons
09-02-2015, 06:44 AM
I wonder if it is a blood vessel? In kids that are very fair skinned you can sometimes see the vessel.....hitting that area may have made it more pronounced? If it was a bruise then it should have been gone long ago. It is noticeable to a stranger looking at her?

Singingmom
09-02-2015, 06:44 AM
That's a long time for a bruise to remain. Have you used arnica? :think

AngelaVA
09-02-2015, 06:46 AM
I wonder if it is a blood vessel? In kids that are very fair skinned you can sometimes see the vessel.....hitting that area may have made it more pronounced? If it was a bruise then it should have been gone long ago. It is noticeable to a stranger looking at her?

I don't think so bc no one has mentioned it.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

That's a long time for a bruise to remain. Have you used arnica? :think

No bc the arnica I have has alcohol and an Inactive ingredient and it's near her eyes.

mamacat
09-02-2015, 06:48 AM
I was wondering about it being a blood vessel tooo.I have a d who always looked bruised across that part of nose.Is it bluish green in color?

AngelaVA
09-02-2015, 06:55 AM
No it's more grayish

Soliloquy
09-02-2015, 07:30 AM
I would try arnica pellets (oral). Also, if cartilage was bruised that takes a lot longer to heal. Some gentle lymphatic massage (barely sweeping the fingertips over the area, downward, towards the heart) might help clear it out.