PDA

View Full Version : Need a great pumpkin bread recipe!

Singingmom
10-09-2014, 08:38 AM
I normally bake gluten free and egg free, but I want to make a real, classic, yummy pumpkin bread for a neighbor, full of gluten and eggs. I can't seem to find anything that looks right. Do you have a great recipe?

Singingmom
10-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Well, I've decide to go with Libby's Spiced Pumpkin Nut Bread recipe.
https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/29569/spiced-pumpkin-nut-bread/

Fingers crossed! I won't be able to taste it since it just makes one loaf. That always makes me a little nervous!

eta: it makes two loaves, so now I have a treat for two neighbors. :) Since four of the five of us are allergic to something in it, I'll pass it on. And all the sugar makes it seem like more of a cake, so I may drizzle a little frosting over them. :yum

mommylove
10-10-2014, 12:20 PM
You're such a sweet neighbor! :heart

And I'm totally wishing you were mine right now -- that sounds super yummy!!! :giggle

IME, the recipes that come with products like that are pretty foolproof, so I'm sure it will turn out perfectly.

Singingmom
10-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Thanks, mommylove! :)

That's kind of what I thought. The recipe is a classic, so it must be good. They sure do look and smell good!

2sunshines
10-10-2014, 02:03 PM
looks delicious! :heart

Singingmom
10-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Got rave reviews from the first neighbor! He told me I could sell them, and that he went to culinary school so he should know. :lol The second neighbor was surprised and delighted. Makes me think I should do this on a regular basis until I cover all the neighbors!