PDA

View Full Version : Persistent headache and dizziness at level changes

NeshamaMama
05-13-2014, 08:41 PM
I have had a headache since Friday. Not a migraine or anything, just a normal headache. I went to the chiropractor on Saturday but felt no change. It's not super painful, just irritating. When I bend over, move my head quickly, go from sitting to standing, or exert myself in any way (like climbing stairs) the pain gets much worse, my head starts to throb, I get dizzy, and sometimes lose vision for a moment.

I haven't taken painkillers for it and don't plan to, but I also haven't done anything else to address it besides the chiro visit and some neck massage. Any suggestions? I know that I'm likely not drinking "enough" water, would under-hydration cause this to that extent?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Marrae
05-14-2014, 01:13 AM
:hug Can you check your BP? That sounds worrying.

NeshamaMama
05-14-2014, 09:26 AM
I think I discovered what it is. :doh. I recently got a huge body pillow thinking it would improve my comfort while sleeping, but I actually think it malpositioned my neck so badly every night that it was perpetuating the headache. :doh. Last night I slept on just a flat pillow and magically the headache is gone today... No more body pillow I guess! If I'm wrong and it comes back checking BP is a good idea actually, because I tend to run on the low side. :think

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Marrae
05-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Oh, I hope that simple fix does the trick. I was thinking also about an inner ear problem maybe?

mellifera
05-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Have you had headaches with your other pregnancies? I had a constant, low-level headache during the second trimester of each pregnancy.

NeshamaMama
05-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I haven't had headaches in my other pregnancies, but I also just stumbled on an old wives tale that headaches mean you're having a boy. My other two have been girls. :shifty :giggle