PDA

View Full Version : uncontrollable shivering

KarenBoo
05-01-2014, 10:43 PM
What could this be? Kitten (almost 11) woke me up tonight. She was shivering violently. She had this happen once before, so I knew to put her in a warm bath right away. (With epsom salt)

She immediately felt better and really enjoyed the bath. She had been asleep for the night and the shivering woke her up. She became sleepy in the bath so I said it was time to get out. But once she was out, she started shivering all over again so I had her get back in the tub.

She does not have a fever.

We had near record heat today (87) and so the ac is on, set to 75. I don't think that really has anything to do with this though.

Ideas?

ArmsOfLove
05-01-2014, 10:47 PM
An ER doctor told me one time that uncontrollable shivering was either cold (could be from fever or from being cold, etc) OR infection (I think he said UTI but I don't want to limit it that directly and hinder you considering other things - I just know that every time I get it it's been a UTI). Can you get her to an urgent care or call a doctor hot line?

:pray4

sunflowermom
05-01-2014, 10:48 PM
:pray4

ShangriLewis
05-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Well, our blood sugar does strange things at night. I would wonder if it was blood sugar related honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LovinBeingMommy
05-01-2014, 11:03 PM
I shiver like that when I'm stressed or in a lot of pain, I think because both can cause anxiety for me. It seems there are a lot of possibilities... It probably wouldn't hurt to touch base with her doctor and get a professional opinion.

KarenBoo
05-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Well there is more to the story now.

I warmed up blankets, towels, and had hot clean laundry to toss on top of her in the bed. She got out of the tub for the second time, and was doing OK. She got dressed and started to walk to the bed, then ran back into the bathroom and started a very big vomit. And then when I touched her, she *did* have a fever.

She threw up for a long time, and then she went to bed. Her temp is 101.2, so that's a good number. Not to high, not too low (to fight off whatever has her.) I got some homeopathy in her just before she drifted off to sleep.

She was in pain before bed too. Her back is "tweaked" and I was going to take her to the chiro in the morning.

Anyway, I will still take her to the chiro in the morning and see what he says.

Thanks so much y'all!!:heart:heart

(Oh, and is it okay that I am relieved that I didn't actually toss the hot clean laundry on her?:shifty)

ArmsOfLove
05-01-2014, 11:29 PM
I am so glad you got your answer and I'm praying for her full and quick recovery :hug :pray4