PDA

View Full Version : Safe Fragrance?

Leslie
05-01-2014, 06:04 PM
We're trying to stay away from fragrances because they're toxic. In fact, one of the things we're being treated for by our alternative practitioner is reaction to fragrances - detergent, fabric softener, soap, all kinds of stuff.

Can I assume that essential oils are safe? My 10yo dd wants to wear perfume, so I got her a light scented fragrance oil at the health food store by Kuumba (http://www.kuumbamade.com/store/index.php?p=home). ". . . oil based fragrances and making all-natural herbal body care products for over 25 years. We gather herbs, resins, plant extracts and essential oils. . ." That should be fine, right?

SillyMommy
05-01-2014, 06:41 PM
What are the ingredients listed?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Leslie
05-01-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't see any listed on the little bottle. "Wind Dancer" - the page (http://www.kuumbamade.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=37) doesn't list ingredients, either.

Their Facebook page says "All the products we make are free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and high allergy risk ingredients. We gather herbs, resins, plant extracts and essential oils from around the world, choosing only the highest quality and most effective ingredients. The flowers and herbs we use are grown in our own organic garden, on certified organic farms or ethically wild harvested."

Leslie
05-02-2014, 07:04 AM
From what I'm googling, it sounds like all their scents are natural except musk, and there are three sources for musk. Two are not good, and nobody seems to know which source they're using. The smell of the Wind Dancer scent makes me suspect it has some musk in it. I guess time will tell how we react to it. :shrug

SouthPaw
05-02-2014, 07:29 AM
I would definitely not assume that something is safe for her just because it is natural.

Pure EOs are probably fine, but people do react to citrus oils, carrier oils, and many other natural ingredients (poison ivy is natural! :shifty)