PDA

View Full Version : worms...i think it's the worms....

ValiantJoy07
04-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Remember this post? http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=477139

Well it didn't get that much traffic, but I remembered it today.

And I totally fell off the worm wagon. :shifty

Thing is, the things we had added into our lives had helped. We were doing DE daily and it was helping dd2 immensely. she was so much more pleasant and easier to parent. It took it for granted and the DE has sat on the counter.

And I find it interesting it is almost exactly anyear later. dd2 is again not sleeping at all she's grinding her teeth and raging and acting like she'd just like to rip her skin off :bheart

And she's not sleeping... hours of the night awake ...just awake... sniffling... whining... bored and restless...It is killing us. Seriously, torture of an unheard of height. And I think we let the worms over grow and maybe Candida set in too.

We have the kit to have her stool tested but dh and I are both so :sick at the thought of actually doing it it's been 3 weeks of staring at the stupid thing. It's 5 days of collections. :yuck and we have no idea how to collect urine free poop!!! She is 4 she pees every time she poops, or mostly. so overwhelmed... and usually I muscle through but :shiver do I have to???

Oh and you know what triggered the crazy train we've been on the past 3 months? A slight GI bug. :-/ That seems to have thrown her entire little body into chaos.
I need a space to process and create a plan of action. I am feeling so overwhelmed. We're seeing an DO and he sent us off with some test kits to mail to the lab. But it's so overwhelming on such little sleep, such relentless miserable days, and parenting 2 other children who need us to help them with all the crazy flying around. :(

So my plan...Right now it's 1tsp of DE twice a day. I'd also like to get her on clay too. But I am not sure how to alternate that.

Part of me wants to go out and buy some pin-x but I am so worried about her gut and putting worm poison in a gut that has all the signs of being damaged and leaky already. :nails

So DE daily and then when for clay? Do a week of DE and a week of clay? Alternating. Is Me around? :O i'd love some prayers and any natural, gentle on the body worm killing anything we can do. :O it's not that I need her git cleaned out NOW and an extreme point of action, I just need improvement. And soon. She is so miserable and I would say 85% of our interactions are miserable.

We need to get this balanced out again, it worked last time. :pray4

Soliloquy
04-01-2014, 04:22 PM
DE needs to be done for ninety consecutive days.

Not sure on clay.

I found an alternative to stool testing, a Zyto Scan. I have a thread on it. My friend found out she had intestinal parasites and a liver fluke that way.

Bbl with a link.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=497274

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MomtoJGJ
04-01-2014, 05:03 PM
We just looked at their butts at night with a flashlight. It was gross but not difficult.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Oh yeah... Grace is my problem child with worms. She has no noticeable gut issues (unlike the rest of the family. Except for the worms) so we just do pin x. If I don't do it once a quarter it gets bad

NeshamaMama
04-02-2014, 02:57 PM
We did DE and clay at the same time along with several other things - ACV, black walnut tincture, a homeopathic, raw garlic - we went aggressively hardcore for several weeks and then slowly backed off things. HUGE improvement and noticeable detox in the child who had severe pinworm symptoms.

ValiantJoy07
04-02-2014, 03:01 PM
ACV yes!! We did that last year too. What was your clay and DE protocol? I am unsure about clay and DE at the same time. She struggles with constipation if we don't balance things just right. Though that's been so much better since we went grain free. :yes

houseforjoy
04-02-2014, 04:13 PM
we did the pinx and humaworm
https://humaworm.com/

and did have great success with it.
:hug

NeshamaMama
04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
First thing in the morning (these were dosages for the children, 1/3 of adult dosage) we would do a tsp of clay hydrated in a small glass of juice for 15 min, drinken through a straw (straws were very important in this protocol :shifty). Then a couple hours later I would mix up Emergen-C (because we were supplementing vit C and chlorophyll for detox support) and put a tsp of DE into each child portion and sometimes mix the ACV in too to get it all in at once. Straw drinking again.

The raw garlic was the hardest to get in them, everything else they took willingly (:phew).