PDA

View Full Version : Jaw misalignment options? Orthodontics, cranial sacral, etc??

tempus vernum
03-20-2014, 06:12 AM
I was told last week by an orthodontist that both my older children need braces. Her rudeness didn't lead to a high level of trust :shifty so I'm noticeably uncertain about this. I have a call into another orthodontist (that a trusted GCM uses) and a holistic dentist to get some additional opinions.

Here are my questions.
1. Has anyone here used cranial sacral instead of orthodontics (my children's teeth are beautiful).
2. Has anyone tried Reiki or other energy work for this issues - we are starting Reiki next week?
3. ANy other options?

Thank you :)

milkdud
03-20-2014, 06:22 AM
I can't speak to other energy work, but reiki isn't a controlled energy. The easiest way I can explain it is that we are an energy conduit. The energy intuitively goes wherever it's most needed and can't really be manipulated for what we think is best. Does that make sense?

tempus vernum
03-20-2014, 06:30 AM
I can't speak to other energy work, but reiki isn't a controlled energy. The easiest way I can explain it is that we are an energy conduit. The energy intuitively goes wherever it's most needed and can't really be manipulated for what we think is best. Does that make sense?

Yes and I knew that but I don't really get it because we are not even on the calendar (have a tentative date of next wednesday) - I just figured it would "assist" in any major healing we are attempting?? so it is wise to do both at the same time ??

milkdud
03-20-2014, 06:53 AM
It will always assist in healing. :) Sometimes though, the most pressing need isn't always what you see. I don't see any harm in doing them both together and think reiki is always beneficial.

HomeWithMyBabies
03-20-2014, 07:16 AM
:popcorn

DancingWithElves
03-21-2014, 04:35 PM
the tooth decay cure discusses this at some length on the site :yes i don't recall the names of all that they offer, but there are multiple alternative appliances :tu

me personally? i had a tooth "adjusted" so that my jaws align. it feels amazing. :heart took about four minutes :giggle and i was all "for fourteen years it was like that and no one fixed it until now?" tooth was basically too long.

also, that same holistic dentist is putting invisalign on my lower jaw. she loves invisalign. :)

sprout
03-21-2014, 04:41 PM
I personally have not looked into it, but I did ask my dentist about invislign and she told me that it was only used on adults.

mamacat
03-21-2014, 04:58 PM
There is a whole other thread here about functional Orthodontics that address this and has options and links you may want to look into

ThreeKids
03-21-2014, 05:38 PM
I was told I'd have to have my jaw cut and re-aligned. The men in my family would have a terrible underbite, but mine isn't so bad because I'm a woman. That was when I was 14 and was complaining of some jaw discomfort.

From then until I was done growing and maybe a little longer, I sort of consciously tried to shift my bite for years and would even nudge my teeth a little in the right direction when I'd wake up in the morning and I think it worked. I technically have an underbite, but my teeth really just line up from top to bottom. Later, a dentist grinded a few spots where my teeth were still hitting wrong on the bite and that fixed a distracting annoyance. It did get uncomfortable while I was still growing to have a jaw and teeth that didn't seem to all fit right.

I'm so glad I had no surgery or radical re-alignment as I don't think I would have recovered well from that.

LilacPhoenix
03-21-2014, 06:15 PM
:cup

Soliloquy
03-21-2014, 08:22 PM
:cup

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DancingWithElves
03-21-2014, 08:45 PM
they now have invisalign teen :tu

sweetpeasmommy
03-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Nichole from Hopecentric has done some functional orthodontics stuff. She isn't a member here, but you might know her on FB or she may have blogged.

If you want energy work that may be able to physically adjust, look at Quantum Touch. Many including me do this and reiki together. I couldn't personally do a physical adjustment, because I would need to learn it hands on and not from a book and my anatomy knowledge isn't quite up to par. But someone who has learned hands on probably could.