PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Max?

Sparrow
03-10-2014, 09:53 AM
So last week it started with vomiting, and when that done high fever and when the fever broke - rash. I figured it was roseola, but took him to the clinic for a double check since I'm pregnant. They tested for strep, came back negative. Rash lasted about 3 days. I STILL think it was roseola. Neither kid has had it, Bear had the same virus the next few days. A week before the one year old I look after part time had vomit/fever/rash. :shrug

He's been wheezing really badly last night and today. His chest is crackly, even when he breathes with his mouth shut. He had problems breathing last night. It was a loooooooong sleepless night. Today he has a low grade fever, just a titch under 100F. But he's really super lethargic and won't eat. Even ice cream. The kid I swear is a major stake holder for Ben and Jerry. So not even eating ice cream concerns me too.

I'm really concerned its pneumonia. Thoughts?

Sparrow
03-10-2014, 02:41 PM
The stupid clinic never called. I went all the way down to my doctor on a day where I had to prepare for my husband's birthday to be told that yeah, the clinic called him and he does indeed have strep. I guess Scarletina to be exact. I"m mad that they never called me. I'm mad that he could've started abx on FRIDAY. The kiddo is miserable. I'm miserable. Blerg.

Carini
03-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Ugh! That's really frustrating! Why wouldn't they call?! :doh :hug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparrow
03-10-2014, 04:34 PM
They said they did, my mailbox was full. I'm not showing ANY voicemails.

Who knows.

HuggaBuggaMommy
03-10-2014, 04:50 PM
That would make me :mad

Do they have the right phone number?

:pray4 Max feels better super soon.

Sparrow
03-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah.

Thank you. He's quiet now, but he's going through these fits of screaming and rolling on the ground. He says he's hungry, refuses to eat, says his tummy hurts because he's hungry, refuses to eat.

I'm emotionally fatigued over what's going on here.

I'm tired from this being the 3rd night in a week I've had less than 3 hours sleep.

My bones are starting to ache from this pregnancy.

HuggaBuggaMommy
03-10-2014, 05:50 PM
:pray4

PrincessAnika
03-10-2014, 08:14 PM
:pray4 would he maybe drink some soup broth? lick a popsicle? suck on a sponge? :hugheart

Little Forest
03-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Poor guy and poor mama! :hugheart Hope he comes right soon!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sparrow
03-17-2014, 08:26 AM
All better now! I was scared that the abx would be a struggle. He LOVED it. He wanted more and more. The dose was 5 ml (1 tsp) so I have 4x1/4 tsp for him and he thinks he's getting more.1