PDA

View Full Version : HELP Relief with Morning Sickness / All day

tsuche
02-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Hi
I have a friend that has morning/ all day sickness. she is 7 wks with her third child and having a hard time with sickness. she cannot even get out of bed for long period of times.
If anyone has something that helped please let me know.

You can email me t4jesus@gmail.com.
Blessings
Terry

Findabhair
02-17-2014, 04:35 PM
I was on diclectin for all 9 months its a prescription anti-nausea med for pregnancy in Canada.

Diclectin is comprised of Vitamin B6 10mg and doxylamine 10mg(an antihistamine similar to Unisom) you could see a doctor for dosage info of those drugs if you can't get Diclectin where you are.

squiddles
02-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Is she throwing up multiple times? Is she able to keep fluids down? The most important thing is to not get dehydrated because that can cause miscarriage. If she isn't able to keep fluids down she should go somewhere to get IV re hydration, and then hopefully a prescription for the nausea....

If that is not the case, and she's not so sick that she needs meds, she can also take a combination of B6 (this is a great sublingual/minty flavor that helped me tons (http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Coenzymated-B-6-25-mg-Sublingual-120-Tablets/1038#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=b6%20sublingual&rc=15&sr=null&ic=7)) and either unisom or benadryl

Also, eating and drinking should be spaced out by about 20 minutes, never at the same time... allowing her stomach to get empty will also make the nausea worse

gotta run, BBL to type more!!

staceylayne
02-18-2014, 12:16 AM
There are a zillion suggestions about what to eat and when and there are a number of drugs she can try if her provider finds it necessary. (I've often heard the OTC suggestion of b6 and unisom...it's a good place to start). Some other popular suggestions: ginger, sea-bands, sour hard candy, pregnancy teas, anti-nausea patches, more protein, eat something every hour, stay hydrated, try heartburn meds. But if she's having trouble even being out of bed it could be more than "regular" pregnancy nausea.

I have suffered from HG in all my pregnancies and even when we can get the puking under control with meds (so, three or four times a day instead of 12-15), I'm still weak and fairly worthless from feeling so very, very ill. Food aversions have been quite strong so even if I'm not vomiting I'm still unable to eat much. I've tried everything under the sun to feel better. But for me, the best remedy is a heaping dose of helping hands (friends to watch kids or bringing a meal for my family, my mom grocery shopping, DH taking over most of the cleaning and laundry) + the tincture of time. By 24 weeks I've been better. But not everyone gets relief before the baby comes.

I have so much compassion for her. So, so much. :(

SouthPaw
02-18-2014, 06:24 AM
I suffered through 3 pregnancies like that. With my 4th, I told the Dr. immediately that I wanted meds and I was not going to take "this is normal" for an answer. I don't have HG, but it is still a level of nausea that keeps me from doing anything or going anywhere.

I am now maxed out on Zofran and I am able to take care of the house and kids, even though there are up and down days.

She needs to call a Dr. ASAP and get a prescription. Most will call it in even if you haven't had a first official visit yet.

Reva
02-21-2014, 05:07 AM
Ginger was very helpful to me, but then again I didn't have *that* level of sickness. I would definitely get myself to a dr pronto.

emerald
02-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Things that helped me the most: going 100% gluten free and eating something with protein in it (raw milk or smoothie) before getting out of bed in the morning.

After those two things, having nettle/red raspberry tea helped a little more (but I don't think it would have helped if I didn't do the first two things)

ETA: I would suggest that she have her ferritin checked too, and start on herbal iron at the least (if her HCP okays it)

PrincessAnika
02-22-2014, 08:31 PM
www.helpher.com (.org?) might help. for me, the only thing that helped was meds. ginger made it worse, and even trying to eat anything took too much effort.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Sparrow
02-22-2014, 08:36 PM
I was on the max dose of diclectin (8 a day) and it didn't help. Ondazetron helped, which is Zofran in the US. It made a difference. I still felt queasy but I was at least functional. I went from throwing up 15+ times a day to 3.

squiddles
02-22-2014, 10:16 PM
www.helpher.com (http://www.helpher.com) (.org?) might help. for me, the only thing that helped was meds. ginger made it worse, and even trying to eat anything took too much effort.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

i spent a lot of time on that site/forum, it's nice to know others understand exactly what you're going through when nobody in real life (usually) really gets it... also, there's TONS more tips there from hundreds of women who had lots of experience with almost every possible form of relief...

staceylayne
02-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Yes, that's a good source of info. :yes I didn't find it until after my third pregnancy and I felt so incredibly validated! It was hard not to feel like maybe I was just wimpy or overreacting or something when no one else IRL could quite relate.

DancingWithElves
03-04-2014, 08:58 PM
i had a history of hyperemesis and was terrified of having it again. i don't know if i got lucky, that's possible, but having no gallbladder issues really helped, which happened after i went grain-free. :) major concerns would be being able to get adequate calories and carbs and also the amount of work it requires to make the changes. i tried everything else though (meds, homeopathy, herbs, supplements, acupuncture, etc.) with very very modest results.

mamafulks
03-06-2014, 02:49 PM
I suffered hg with both pregnancies and would be happy to chat with her if she needs support and an understanding ear. jessie.fulks@gmail.com and I'd even give her my number. Sometime you just need someone who knows how awful it is.

La Loba
03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
I had severe HG through my pregnancy. Nothing ever stopped the nausea.. but what seemed to tap it down from throwing up 20+ times a days to maybe 5 was: sipping raw milk throughout the day and ZOFRAN -- the Zofran took the edge of the CONSTANT need to throw up.

:( My heart goes out to your friend. HG is awful awful awful. My son is 6 now, and I still won't even consider falling pregnant again for fear of HG.