PDA

View Full Version : nux vomica "in active ingredient: sucrose lactose" dairy free??

ValiantJoy07
02-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Title says it all. Will the lactose bother a lactose intolerant person... even if it's an "inactive ingredient"?

I bought some because dd2 has been queasy off and on since Saturday. She has thrown up 3 times and has had many sudden "I feel so yucky I might be" moments. No one else is sick. She has a slight cold. I am thinking it is a possible reflux flair/post nasal drip+ "I don't feel good... eat less... make nausea worse... thrown up... feel worse... eat less..." cycle. Benadryl seems to help the most, but I hate medicating. :( I was hoping the nux vomica would stop the yucky feeling.

But dairy really seems to bother her tummy so I don't want to give her some thing that will make all this worse. :doh

Autumn
02-12-2014, 09:39 AM
We're VERY sensitive to all dairy and our homeopathics say "In a base of Lactose N.F." and we've never had trouble with them. Hope she feels better!

Earthmummy07
02-12-2014, 12:44 PM
I think the inactive part refers to the fact that it isn't part of the intended therapy :think So it wouldn't change anything about the lactose by being an inactive ingredient. That said, a lot of dairy free people can tolerate the tiny amounts in a homeopathic remedy. I've never tried it with DS though. Those pillules are tiny though :think How does she do reacting to cross contamination, traces etc? Is it the protein or the lactose she reacts to?

milkdud
02-12-2014, 05:21 PM
When my kids reacted to dairy, they did ok with the pellets. You can also find remedies in a glycerin base, if you're very worried.

justbreathe
02-12-2014, 05:24 PM
It really depends on how sensitive she is to dairy. My dairy-allergic DS1 can't tolerate even the smallest amount of dairy and can't handle homeopathics that contain lactose. :(

camperjen
02-15-2014, 06:44 AM
Yes to what justbreathe said - my older son never seemed to do better when I tried homeopathic remedies and I remember telling DH that he seemed he might even get worse. When he was 5 he was dx with a low-level, delayed reaction allergy and sensitivity to dairy. He's off dairy 100% now so I wouldn't even try the pellets now.

My sister, on the other hand, is lactose intolerant and can sometimes stomach small amounts of foods with dairy so I wouldn't even question giving her pellets.

ValiantJoy07
02-15-2014, 08:29 AM
She has been so above and beyond ragey and intense since we started the nux vomica. :sigh It was a full moon this week. which is crazy either because of that or because of me. AF arrived today and I do think she cycles with me ( either feeding off my ups and downs or riding her own in her own small way:shrug3).

Her belly is still bothering her. She hasn't thrown up since Monday. I think some of it is that it is still a bit off. And some because she likes papaya. ;)