PDA

View Full Version : BAD sinus pain and pressure on one side

Calee
02-07-2014, 06:59 PM
I have been battling this sinus cold/infection/something for 10 days. In the middle of it I also had a stomach bug. I just can't kick it.

Today I have INTENSE sinus pain on just one side. This side has been giving me more trouble the entire time, and while the other side seems to be better, this side is not at all.

I am still blowing lots of yellow gunk from that side of my nose only When I blow my nose, I get a fairly sharp pain in that side of my nose and sinus.

And the pain is bad up the side of my nose, into my sinus, and even down into my jaw/mouth, all the time.

I have taken OTC meds, and it provides a bit of pain relief briefly.

How can I kick this!?????????

ThreeKids
02-07-2014, 07:09 PM
I took dd1 to the doc and she said a sinus infection is unlikely to clear up in the crazy cold weather and storms without anti-biotics until the spring.

I was trying to beat my sinus infection with the neti pot and would occasionally take a decongestant to open my sinuses more for the neti, but I've broken down and started anti-biotics and it's still a tough fight and I'm still using the neti pot. I cover my face in the cold and avoid the cold as much as I can.

We keep the vaporizers going all night and I boil water during the day. Another thing that's important is excessive hydration. You can produce enough mucus from underneath a problem to flush it out if you go for the super hydration. I even bought the kids juice boxes, soda, and Gatorade to encourage them to hit the liquids hard.

I've seen on my x-rays where my tooth nerves jut into a sinus so I'm familiar with the face pain. It used to be that I would get the worst pain at the beginning and end of a sinus infection, but the nerves would be smothered? during the worst of it.

doubleblessings
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
You may need antibiotics at this point, but things I do for sinus stuff....

Facial and neck massage that helps drain - this has a name, but I can`t remember it. I can feel it draining when dh does this for me.

I have a nose spray that is xylitol that helps.

Eating raw garlic.