PDA

View Full Version : Stomach virus...

mommy2abigail
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
So, my sweet neighbor watched my kiddos today for 3 hours so dh and I could go out for our anniversary.:heart
She had mentioned that her youngest (10 months) had had some loose stools, but I wasn't concerned since they thought it may have been the strawberries he ate a few days prior. A few hours after we got home, she said her dd had diarrhea. So now I'm thinking stomach virus. We all had it in November and it was horrid. I'm terrified of getting it again. And dh is going out of town. :(
What can I do at this point? I'm going to double up on probiotics, get some D vitamins for the kids (I already take some), I have an echinacea/immunity blend I'll give them, and coconut oil...how much of this? Girls are 8, 5, and 3. Should I give them ossilococcimum (sp???)? I have a whole homeopathy chest too, what from there? I know at this point, they've been exposed and all I can do it bolster their immune system so that they can fight it quickly. *I* can not get sick. I hate vomiting with a vengeance and must be able to deal with the kids alone if dh is gone.

Dovenoir
02-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Do you have activated charcoal?

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

mommy2abigail
02-02-2014, 09:36 PM
No, can I get it at a hfs?

Psyche
02-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Elderberry and probiotics. :hug

Dovenoir
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM