PDA

View Full Version : Sinus infection- eyes red and swollen - need urgent care?

AngelaVA
02-02-2014, 12:01 PM
I suspect my 4 YO has a sinus infection. She's had a cold for over 2 weeks and yesterday she started having eye discharge and the area around her eyes is very red and swollen. I was googling for information and this article says she needs immediate medical attention for that - is it true? Should I go to urgent care instead of waiting to try for an appointment Monday?

http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/ear-nose-throat/pages/The-Difference-Between-Sinusitis-and-a-Cold.aspx

Weezie
02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
As someone who gets frequent sinus infections, and whose children have had them, unless they were causing breathing difficulty, I wait until I can get into their ped/my Dr. You can make warm compresses for her eyes, use Eucalyptus oil in a humidifier, and push fluids to help thin them out. Above all, listen to your mama gut. That knows what to do for your child. ((hugs)) *NOT A DR. JUST MY OPINION*

AngelaVA
02-02-2014, 03:07 PM
As someone who gets frequent sinus infections, and whose children have had them, unless they were causing breathing difficulty, I wait until I can get into their ped/my Dr. You can make warm compresses for her eyes, use Eucalyptus oil in a humidifier, and push fluids to help this them out. Above all, listen to your mama gut. That knows what to do for your child. ((hugs)) *NOT A DR. JUST MY :2cents

Ok good that's kind of what I've been doing and thinking. Our reg pedi is soooo much better that the urgent care docs I'd really like to wait and see her.

Pragmatist
02-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I think getting her in tomorrow would be fine. :hug2

milkdud
02-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I had that happen to me as a teen, and it required emergency surgery. I would be sure to get her in first thing in the morning. :pray4