PDA

View Full Version : Adrenal Fatigue in a Young Child

Iveyrock
01-30-2014, 08:55 AM
What would it look like?

milkdud
01-31-2014, 10:18 AM
I think symptoms can vary quite a bit. For one of my kids, it was poor sleep and moodiness.

I ordered the test kit from canary club.

Iveyrock
01-31-2014, 11:55 AM
what about a shift from hyper alert/always in motion/always way over achieving to suddenly being sloooow at everything and not able to focus for more than about 15 seconds at a time? It feels almost like that hyper focused mode for so long is ending in a huge crash, and her brain just can't work without the adrenaline spikes from the hyper mode.

sweetpeasmommy
01-31-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes, hyperactivity is a symptom in children.

DancingWithElves
02-05-2014, 07:37 PM
what about a shift from hyper alert/always in motion/always way over achieving to suddenly being sloooow at everything and not able to focus for more than about 15 seconds at a time? It feels almost like that hyper focused mode for so long is ending in a huge crash, and her brain just can't work without the adrenaline spikes from the hyper mode.

it wouldn't be the most typical case, but yes, symptoms may match. :shrug3

tell me about sleep and appetite.

Iveyrock
02-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Currently, she sleeps at night for about 10-11 hours. She actually *sleeps*. She is relaxed and in a deep sleep. I think that if the other kids weren't around, she would sleep a lot more. She's almost always the last one up in the morning.

In the past, her sleep was very, very poor.

Her appetite isn't good at all, although it's hard to say exactly what is going on there. Right now, she just pays no attention to eating. She'll sit down to eat and eat one bite in thirty minutes, because she just keeps forgetting what she's doing. She very rarely asks for food, almost never, and she eats very little.

However, she is eating better than she did when she came home (2.5 years ago). She used to be hyper aware of food and stressed out by it, and now she seems to just not be able to focus on it, along with not being able to focus on anything else.

Does that makes sense? Does it help? I feel like I am missing things, but maybe that hits the important parts. She just used to be so very, painfully, hyper aware of everything she and everyone else were doing, all the time. Now she still has those times, but she also has these in between times of not focusing on anything and forgetting what she is doing from one second to the next.

DancingWithElves
02-06-2014, 06:40 PM
sounds like she's healing.

what you are describing would really fit in for a child who is experiencing some deep anxiety (possibly ptsd) with or without some ADHD. so the sympathetic system is dialed down some, for instance allowing for sleep and less hypervigilance, but parasympathetic is not dialed up, to allow for better feeding and growing behaviors.

i say keep with that good sleeping, lots of sunshine, salt and fat. pastured eggs. pastured butter. as much affection as she'll tolerate. she's on the right path.

Iveyrock
02-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Eggs I have a lot of :giggle We have 12 free range hens. Thank you so much for your post.

Chaos Coordinator
02-06-2014, 07:49 PM
what irene said :hug

sweetpeasmommy
02-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I agree it sounds like healing.