PDA

View Full Version : Measles or viral rash from flu

WildFlower
01-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Dd has /haf what I thought was flu. Chills,shaky, fever, headache, decreased appetite. No cold symptoms really except a dryish every now and again cough, once in a while sneezing. Possible sore throat. She didn't seem like she had cold symptoms really but maybe just very mild if any. Her fever was every day minus a day from Friday evening thru wednesday. Finally no fever Thursday evening. Today saturday she woke up with a rash all over her torso. I was thinking it was just from recovering from the flu virus. But its on her face too. Very light pale splotchy pink spots. Just a few on her hands too.
Should I worry about measles? Is this typical of influenza?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Weezie
01-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Have you looked up the rash online to see if it looks like measles? Could be the virus leaving her. The little 2 yr old I watch has a nasty rash after a bout with a GI bug, and now a nasty cold. Dr says just viral.

WildFlower
01-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Ok, I looked and I think it's just a viral rash from the flu she has had or roseola. It sounds like the main difference between measles and roseola is that the rash only appears after the fever is gone with roseola and the rash appears when the child still has a fever, with measles. And with measles there are koplik spots, white dots/spots in the mouth. So I think she's just got a rash from whatever virus she just recovered from. at least I know she is recovering! She has been eating a lot more and acting nutty, so :shrug3

Dovenoir
01-25-2014, 05:53 PM
We had the crazy rash from head to toe with the flu. Only the baby broke out. The rash was at the end of the fever and faded 2 days later.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

WingsOfTheMorning
01-25-2014, 06:13 PM
That acting nutty when they are just starting to feel better drives me :crazy

:hug

ValiantJoy07
01-25-2014, 06:20 PM
It sounds like a rash in the cosacksie (sp?) family m...we've had a few go through. The doctor said they were viruses like HFM disease and or rosella.

Dovenoir
01-25-2014, 09:02 PM
The h1n1 flu was what we had here.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

WildFlower
01-25-2014, 10:07 PM
I still think it was some form of the flu. She seemed to have roseola before but this was different with obvious chills and aches.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Auroras mom
01-28-2014, 10:19 AM
I was going to say to check her mouth, but you found that information.:yes

WildFlower
01-28-2014, 12:22 PM
she had a few red dots on the roof of her mouth but not like measles. The rash is gone after 2 days. It went down her arms and into her hairline which I've never seen on her before! her behavior was totally nutty for a few days after the fever too. Now she has fully recovered and is eating great and playing happily. (sigh of relief):phew

WingsOfTheMorning
01-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Yay!