PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas of what this could be?

OnAMission
01-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Dd1 has had episodes of nausea and vomiting since she was two; she is now five. Here are some of the features:

1) episodes occur every one to two months
2) they are always in the morning
3) she wakes up feeling bad, vomits bile multiple times and cannot keep any sort of food or drink down
4) eventually she takes a nap, and by the afternoon she is fine (other than being weak from not having had any food or water for approaching 24 hours)
5) it does not seem to correspond in any way to food she has eaten
6) there appears to be no warning, although last night I noted that she did not ask for a snack before bed, which is highly unusual, and she fell asleep faster and a little earlier than normal.

I mentioned it to her dr in the fall, and the dr wanted to rule out some sort of brain issue, and her MRI was normal. Beyond that, the dr didn't seem to know. Any ideas?

Calee
01-20-2014, 09:43 AM
I had that for several years. I was checked for gallbladder, bacteria, parasites, gerd and ulcers. I was treated for gerd and ulcers. So that list would be my starting point.

Llee
01-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Migraines? Does she see bugs in her vision when she feels like that?

OnAMission
01-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Migraines? Does she see bugs in her vision when she feels like that?

That was one of the dr's thought, but she wanted the MRI to rule out some other brain issue.

Usually she does not mention any pain, although this time she does say that her head hurts. She doesn't want me to pick her up when she is throwing up; we just keep rags next to her so all she has to do is turn her head. :( poor girl