PDA

View Full Version : 3 periods in 31 days?

Kazimiera
01-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Ok, so I have a physical scheduled for early February so I figure I will talk to my Dr then but that is a long way away.
I am 37
So I had my period Nov 30th and then again Dec 10th and I started again last night.
For about two years now they have been wonky. I have been over a week (sometime two) later than expected maybe 4 times. I joke with my friends that I have a quarterly pregnancy scare where I go out and test only to have my period starts within the week.

I use to chart before dh's "procedure" and did for quite a while for my own information, after but eventually got lazy. I probably have not charted in four years maybe five ( I feel like I stopped about the time I moved to Boston).
But I used to be pretty consistent, 26-30 day cycle. Only strange thing to happen was getting pregnant with Stella by DtD 5 days before ovulation. But I digress.
I suspect pre-menopause. So I am pretty sure this is not something to frighten me, but come on 3 periods in 31 days? This is no fun.

Oh and by periods I mean full out HEAVY periods I have always had heavy periods. I have always have almost always had periods with big ole clots and heavy flow. :/

Any other pre-meno or meno ladies have this? What lays ahead? I can read stuff about pre-meno and meno but really ladies how does this go? I feel like nobody has prepared me for this other than the jokes about mood swings, dryness and hot flashes.

mezzell
01-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I have not had this happen exactly, but I had 2 last month and saw a tiny amount of blood today and yesterday. My situation is a little different since I've taken fertility meds recently, but all these periods were started with no direct aid. The first was a few days and not so heavy, and on day 21, I started and had it for about 6 days. That one was heavy and more normal for me. I'm waiting to see what happens now that I've seen a few tinges in the last day! I don't suspect pre-menopause for me, though. I'm chalking it up to wonky hormones while the doctors figure out what's up with me.

NurseKristie
01-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Have you tried maca?

Kazimiera
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
What is maca? What does it do?

NurseKristie
01-01-2014, 02:24 PM
It's a root used by a lot of naturopaths to help balance women's hormones and for those having issues, help with fertility as a side effect. There is a TON of information out there, but here is a link to some basics on it. It has helped my friend with very irregular periods

http://wellnessmama.com/8254/herb-profile-maca/

Kazimiera
01-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Do experienced Mama's have answers to my other questions. I mean what is it really like as you move toward menopause? I feel like I knew more about puberty before hand than I know about this.
I also still feel VERY young. I mean 37. I don't feel old enough to even be moving into a 6 year countdown toward the big change.
What am I looking at? How are things different?