PDA

View Full Version : Is This Sickness Going Around?

Llee
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Feeling kinda off all Christmas Day.
Threw up Christmas night.
No energy, slight nausea, no real temp, fatigued since then.

Sound familiar? Or just food poisoning?

librarianjojo
12-27-2013, 09:43 AM
:jawdrop Me too. I can't tell if it is my acid reflux (see my other thread) or sickness. I felt off on Christmas Day - headachey, nauseated, and my stomach has been weird since then.

Llee
12-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Okay. So random bug perhaps? Or food poisoning? I still think FP for some reason; probably because none of the rest of us have gotten anything.

Weezie
12-27-2013, 10:32 AM
When I had FP, i threw up for hours and felt horrid, like wanting to die.
A GI bug is going around here, so that could be it, too.

nutmeg
12-27-2013, 08:03 PM
A friend's house had something like that not too long ago. Fatigued, mild vomiting, etc

Barefoot Bookworm
12-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Random bug. We had it a couple weeks ago. Now we're doing a tired thing, no real other symptoms except Miss Mousie and Lamb have both spiked a fever for a whopping 24 hours each.

MercyInDisguise
12-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Feeling kinda off all Christmas Day.
Threw up Christmas night.
No energy, slight nausea, no real temp, fatigued since then.

Sound familiar? Or just food poisoning?

Feeling off? Threw up? Nausea? No energy?

You know what I'm gonna say, right? :duck

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Llee
12-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Ha! Not me, dh. ;)

Pragmatist
12-28-2013, 05:48 PM
I think food poisoning is violent, so sounds more like a random bug to me.

Naomi
12-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Could definitely be a virus. We've been passing around what I think is he norovirus... Nausea, diarrhea, tiredness... Lots and lots of fun.

MercyInDisguise
12-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Ha! Not me, dh. ;)

Ah, the elusive man pregnancy.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Llee
12-30-2013, 07:17 AM
:scratch

Apparently this is hitting every 2 nights. Wednesday night, dh. Friday night, youngest dd. Last night, oldest dd.

:nails about Tuesday night for me.

Naomi
12-31-2013, 12:58 PM
:yes sounds like what we had. Except we often had 3 days between someone getting it. Which was awful, because it was just long enough that you thought you might be safe, and then it would come back with a vengeance.

MiriamRose
12-31-2013, 01:34 PM
We had this about 3ish weeks before Christmas. I might have had a very mild case around the same time as E- I remember feeling mildly nauseous but no vomiting, mild diarrhea, and general exhaustion/lethargy. The boys had vomiting/nausea, diarrhea, mild fever and very droopy. It seems to have a long incubation period though- it was 5 days between E last vomiting and Z starting to vomit.

After that we came down with what seemed to be just a mild cold in the boys, nasty brain-eating plague in me, and suspiciously flu-like symptoms in my parents and brother after I came home and infected them for Christmas. :doh It's taking forever for us all to recover.

Caecelia
12-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Well, count me in on the weird stomach bug train. DD had it three days ago and I got really sick really fast yesterday. Strangely, I thought food poisoning for me, but that wouldn't explain DD's bug--hers was much milder than mine, despite her throwing up more than me. I will take first trimester, or labor over how I'm feeling right now. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ValiantJoy07
12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
If you want it to skip you I would take some activated charcoal. It is supposedly great for stomach bugs as well as fp. A tablespoon in 6-8oz of water daily until the germs are passed (ie you've disinfected all the things and no one is actively vomiting.)

Llee
12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
I've been taking it in flat ginger ale (just dump the capsule full in there and let it sit for a couple of hours. I haven't gotten to the point of needing to throw up, but I've still got the stomach icks and the 'not quite right' feelings.