PDA

View Full Version : Can the flu bounce back?

joysworld
12-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Dd5 came down with flu type A. Friday afternoon. Her fever went away on Sunday and she started eating again and playing. Still puny though.

Then yesterday she stopped eating again and would just cry because she felt so bad and she started running a low grade fever. Today she has had a high fever, not eating, sleeping a lot, and just moans.

So I was wondering of the flu can start to go away and then come back? She's been taking elderberry and vit a. Lots of it. Same thing has happened to me. Woke up with flu on Sunday, fever broke yesterday and then suddenly a few hours ago I got horrible chills. Heat on 75, wind pants, long sleeve shirt, socks, coat, and blankets on and I'm still freezing. So I took my temperature and I have a fever. I'm also coughing up crap.

I don't know if I need to be concerned for either of us and take us in, or wait it out.

Marsha
12-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Seems like I"ve heard that with someone else....like it's two stages or something. I'd wait it out...unless the coughing is too bad or you suspect pneumonia or something.

Rabbit
12-25-2013, 03:09 PM
I would suspect pneumonia, too, or another opportunistic infection.

joysworld
12-25-2013, 03:09 PM
What's the difference between flu and pneumonia? How would I know if we've caught pneumonia?

Marsha
12-25-2013, 03:20 PM
High fever, bad cough...I don't know, only one person in our family has had it...and that's how hers presented.

sweetpeasmommy
12-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Mine seemed like a bad cold for a week before it got way worse than it was in the first place. This year's seems to be an odd strain compared to others before. I haven't known many people that are back to their normal selves regardless of strain before at least a week and more likely two. C did kick it in about 3-4 days this time though. :think I took a full on 2 weeks and still have a lingering cough weeks after recovery.

joysworld
12-25-2013, 06:13 PM
I hope ours doesn't last so long. We all just feel awful, except ds. He woke up with it Thursday and was better by Sunday.

Leen
12-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Yeah idk. I felt crappy Friday, slept on Saturday but was up in the evening, and spent ALL of Sunday and Monday in bed, completely miserable. Fever, headache, in so much pain. Like awful.

I felt better ish yesterday and almost normal this am, except for a cough this morning. I even managed a long walk this afternoon and felt great until I got home and felt pretty miserable again.

Now, I'm feeling weak and shaky and lightheaded and slightly queasy, plus my cough is pretty constant -- although the queasiness could be bc I haven't eaten much in the last 5 days...I'm going to eat dinner in a bit and go to bed.

So yeah. Idk. No fever today, aches are mostly gone, but ugh. I am feeling totally crappy again. And it'll be 6 days tomorrow. :-/

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Oh and dd had it from Tuesday to Friday and now she is totally fine except for mild cold symptoms. She bounced back super quickly.

WildFlower
01-21-2014, 08:18 PM
I literally just posted about this. DD came down with flu Friday night. sick all day Saturday.Better sunday. Totally fine Monday and this morning. But this evening has fever and is really tired and acting like she just doesnt' feel well again!:scratch

nutmeg
01-21-2014, 09:24 PM
The flu did that to us last year. It came and went for over a month. Its was terrible. Somehow I didn't get it but everyone else did.