PDA

View Full Version : diagnosing food allergies in dd

WildFlower
12-18-2013, 06:31 AM
we have blood test orders from the doctor for a food test panel. I am curious how accurate those would be? We haven't gotten them done yet because DD is literally terrified of medical procedures/drs/etc and we are both worried about putting her through a blood draw at this point.

I suspected gluten allergy/sensitivity. But now wondering if it might be something else. she's been on gluten now since September. And doing ok. But her behavior is really wacky at times and I can't figure out if it's just the "threes" or food stuff.

For example, sensory seeking, can't sit still for 2 seconds, no impulse control whatsoever, constantly melting down or being demanding. Then the next day I don't give her any gluten at all and she is normal 3 but plays happily by herself, sleeps all night long, isn't demanding or 100% annoying like the day before. :shifty

But then I'll let her have a little gluten and see if she starts acting weird again and she is FINE :sigh.

So the last few nights she has slept all night and slept so well. Behaviour has been ok. But then last night she slept really restlessly and had night mares. She had corn taco and a candy cane. I am wondering if it's actually corn.

And how easy is it to diagnose corn allergy?

I am so confused.

megbar548
12-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Could it be sensitivity to food dye? The red in the candy cane would do at least that to my daughter. :yes

WildFlower
12-18-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure. we generally try to avoid food dyes, but every once in a while she'll have a sucker or something. and she doesn't seem to react every time. or there are times she is just crazy and hasn't had any. so I am not sure. Maybe I'll have to keep an eye out for that and see.