PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your holiday detox strategies here....We have to talk about it!!!

gpsings
12-17-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm talking sugar detox/ yeast die off, and all of the ill/ tired/ headache/ irritability/ disfunction that goes with it.
We're mama's and I KNOW I'm not the only one neck deep in nutritional garbage and icky bloat....

(trace mineral recommendations? Other supplements?)

peekaboomama
12-17-2013, 06:36 PM
:cup (of something detoxing)

NeshamaMama
12-17-2013, 06:44 PM
:cup

peekaboomama
12-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Nobody?!

This isn't so much detoxing but a step in that direction: super diligent about no sugar for the next couple days. We had parties last weekend and I'm still bloated. Plus oatmeal (plain old fashioned) and yogurt (also plain) each at least once per day.

2sunshines
12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Are you talking for you or for the kiddos?

For me, I just refuse to eat things during the holidays that I wouldn't eat otherwise, just *because* it's the holidays. :shrug3 The way I choose to eat is a lifestyle choice, and that doesn't change during the holidays.

However, the kiddos are a different story, because I know there will be lots of fun things happening, and lots more sugary snacks offered at events and other people's houses. :think

gpsings
12-20-2013, 03:03 PM
For both. :bag

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

peekaboomama
12-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah... for both.

We're pretty recent in our food changes and I haven't broken old habits / gotten firm enough in my commitment yet. So the holidays are already an uphill road and I'd rather do my best and show myself grace to enjoy the holidays. And then maybe next year I'll have developed willpower and lost the taste for sugar...

greendelight
12-20-2013, 11:23 PM
:cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

gpsings
12-23-2013, 05:54 AM
A friend of mine gave me some of this (http://www.amazon.com/EssentialOilsLife-Slique-Essence-15-ml/dp/B008I6HNYY/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1387803001&sr=1-1&keywords=slique). It's an essential oil blend, and I've only taken it for a couple of days, but it's pretty cool. I still have energy, and no cravings, no 'symptoms'....but I wouldn't give it to the kids, I don't think. :no
I guess I just hope that if I can get my own detox underway, I'll have a better handle on what comes into the house, and what we are all eating.
(I saw another brand on amazon that actually gets better reviews...I'll look it up and post it.)

it's this (http://www.amazon.com/doTERRA-Slim-Sassy-Essential-Blend/dp/B004O23YHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1387803403&sr=1-1&keywords=essential+oils+weight+loss).

greengirl19
12-23-2013, 06:50 AM
I need to be working on sugar detoxing. I've managed to stick to DFGF for the sake of Z but sugar has snuck in in the past few weeks. And the cravings, oh my! I need to go a few days totally sugar free to get over the hump, I'm feeling like lots of water and maybe some clay would help. Healthy fats several times a day to prevent hunger/snackiness.

I'm got nothing for the kiddo side, we're just going just cold-turkey and deal with the meltdowns.

peekaboomama
12-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm got nothing for the kiddo side, we're just going just cold-turkey and deal with the meltdowns.

I'm not doign anything on the kiddo side... except that means giving her sweets more than usual until Thursday :blush I'm planning it to be a very loud meltdown-y weekend, but I need her to hold it together through family events.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

We had a spare hour yesterday and actually forced my lazy bum to work out. It was good! I sweat a little and felt way better afterwards.

gpsings
12-23-2013, 08:29 AM
:yes....i feel like as long as I just keep running i haven't totally lost it...

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2